SMplayer tweaks
This is a short tutorial on tweaking SMplayer to perform at its optimum. You can expect smooth 1080p playback of most formats that VDPAU supports using these settings. 

Open SMplayer and press Ctrl+p 

Under general -> video 
  • make sure to have vdpau as output driver 
  • toggle Double Buffering 
Under performance 
  • toggle Allow Framedrop
  • Set treads for decoding to 4
  • Set loop filter to enable
That's it. Granted you have a supported video format file, it should play back perfectly fine in 720p and 1080p.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-04-2017, 10:38 AM)Luke Wrote: This is a short tutorial on tweaking SMplayer to perform at its optimum. You can expect smooth 1080p playback of most formats that VDPAU supports using these settings. 

Open SMplayer and press Ctrl+p 

Under general -> video 
  • make sure to have vdpau as output driver 
  • toggle Double Buffering 
Under performance 
  • toggle Allow Framedrop
  • Set treads for decoding to 4
  • Set loop filter to enable
That's it. Granted you have a supported video format file, it should play back perfectly fine in 720p and 1080p.

Thanks! Works for me!  Big Grin
How to enable the subs in vdpau? As a not native speaker I need at least English subs Smile
(10-22-2017, 01:45 PM)Wizzard Wrote: How to enable the subs in vdpau? As a not native speaker I need at least English subs Smile

unless I am mistaken, thats not possible because without drm we effective have 'one plane' of rendering.

(10-22-2017, 02:31 PM)Luke Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 01:45 PM)Wizzard Wrote: How to enable the subs in vdpau? As a not native speaker I need at least English subs Smile

unless I am mistaken, thats not possible because without drm we effective have 'one plane' of rendering.

Ok, so if I enable DRM, it should work? Or is there any other way to play the videos smoothly with subtitles?
(10-23-2017, 01:17 AM)Wizzard Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 02:31 PM)Luke Wrote:

Ok, so if I enable DRM, it should work? Or is there any other way to play the videos smoothly with subtitles?

Haven't tried. But last time I tried I had issues with movie playback and drm enabled. 
Also, if you enable drm on the PB you'll still have the issue of the unit not waking from suspend.

So I should improve my English by watching the movies without subs Smile or to use Android to play movies Smile
(10-23-2017, 04:20 AM)Wizzard Wrote: So I should improve my English by watching the movies without subs Smile or to use Android to play movies Smile

Yea, android would obviously be another way