Anyway to run Teamviewer for ARM/Pinebook?
Hello.
I'm trying to get Teamviewer on Pinebook with Ubuntu Mate 0.5.5-65. It's a nice and popular app for remote control PC's (for pc installed and access to your another pcs).
In teamviewer site has deb, rpm: https://www.teamviewer.com/es/download/linux/.
Deb is 32-Bit / 64-Bit Multiarch, so no ARM.
There is a "tar.xz" version, but "can't execute the binary. Incorrect format..." so I assume that is not for ARM.

Anyway to run Teamviewer on Pinebook? Not the web access (for control PCs) also the server side for Ubuntu Pinebook.

Thanks!
Not to my knowledge. Install VNC server on your PC and use Remmina Remote Desktop Client ( I know there are other VNC clients - but Remmina works particularly well on the PB). 

I guess you could also use Chrome Remote Desktop (?)
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Apparently a version was coded for the Raspberry Pi, but it is an armhf package as opposed to the Pinebook install. There is a fairly simple command to add the armhf architecture, but actually installing the package appears to require installing all the dependencies in armhf as well. I haven't checked to see of other folks have already done this for other apps on this forum.

the page that contains the link to the .deb package is https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/l...lDownloads but someone is going to have to do some fiddling to get it to work as it will not install as is.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
Installing multiarch armhf usually works, but it really depends on what requirements a package has, some libraries or core system things are tricky to install in multiple architectures...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(06-29-2017, 12:21 PM)zer0sig Wrote: Apparently a version was coded for the Raspberry Pi, but it is an armhf package as opposed to the Pinebook install. There is a fairly simple command to add the armhf architecture, but actually installing the package appears to require installing all the dependencies in armhf as well. I haven't checked to see of other folks have already done this for other apps on this forum.

the page that contains the link to the .deb package is https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/l...lDownloads but someone is going to have to do some fiddling to get it to work as it will not install as is.

They have and yes its possible; If correct then try installing after adding: 
Code:
sudo dpkg --add-architetcture armhf

Also install from CLI rather than downloading a .deb Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Tried host version (...armhf.deb) (install requires a lot of libqt5* libs) so "sudo gdebi ...deb" and done almost ok and fails in some "qtdeclarative5*" libs.
Anyway Host version is "not" the solution: the goal is to access to your PCs from pinebook (for support for example). 

Also tried to install the Teamviewer Chrome application (in Chromium, could be a solution) but when it's going to launch says "Native Client is needed". Also tried to install this "Native Client" (no clue about its existence) but also no luck Sad
Maybe got working this "Native Client" Chrome thing is the simplest solution.
(06-29-2017, 12:29 PM)Luke Wrote: Also install from CLI rather than downloading a .deb Smile

Right. I only grabbed the .deb after the CLI instructions I saw did nothing useful. :/

As a Unix engineer by trade, I always opt for native and CLI-based solutions when plausible unless it is more reliable or automatable to do something else.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
(06-29-2017, 01:00 PM)Ekkaia Wrote: Tried host version (...armhf.deb) (install requires a lot of libqt5* libs) so "sudo gdebi ...deb" and done almost ok and fails in some "qtdeclarative5*" libs.
Anyway Host version is "not" the solution: the goal is to access to your PCs from pinebook (for support for example). 

Also tried to install the Teamviewer Chrome application (in Chromium, could be a solution) but when it's going to launch says "Native Client is needed". Also tried to install this "Native Client" (no clue about its existence) but also no luck Sad

Did you get a resolution to this?  I use Team Viewer (and AnyDesk) for remote support of family member's PCs, as well.  Hate to revert back to my Windoz box for that.  :-)
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro
(01-16-2020, 06:04 PM)dhosh Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 01:00 PM)Ekkaia Wrote: Tried host version (...armhf.deb) (install requires a lot of libqt5* libs) so "sudo gdebi ...deb" and done almost ok and fails in some "qtdeclarative5*" libs.

Did you get a resolution to this?  I use Team Viewer (and AnyDesk) for remote support of family member's PCs, as well.  Hate to revert back to my Windoz box for that.  :-)

The only arm version I saw was for the host app.  I did download that for fun, and it appeared to install, without errors.  I am somewhat surprised they have an armxx version for the host side, but not the viewer.  I would think the viewer would be 'easier' to do.  ???
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DietPi OS for Pinebook MichaIng 3 5,146 03-11-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: oxoocoffee
  Slarm64 on Pinebook [Slackware Arm - 64 bit] KRT 46 59,547 09-26-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: mara
  Broke pinebook GUI, what to do, fix or install new? acruhl 2 773 07-13-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  Orignal PineBook jwp1000 1 605 07-10-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook no longer boots rjtanner 12 3,238 04-13-2023, 01:09 PM
  Stock Debian on original Pinebook moonwalkers 1 3,115 01-29-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: cel
  Write image to eMMC - Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 4 3,660 01-04-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: irongarment
  E: The repository 'http://pinebook.kde.org.uk bionic Release' no longer has a Release pixelpaperyarn 3 5,082 05-07-2021, 10:20 AM
  pinebook.kde.org.uk no longer has release file?? supermassive 1 3,714 01-20-2021, 11:18 AM
Question Ran apt update on my Pinebook.. ford442 0 2,735 12-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: ford442