DHL delivered Pinebook with broken screen please help.
(07-12-2017, 10:02 AM)peabody1929 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have disappointing news as well.  My Pinebook arrived with a defective display.  I opened a support ticket and posted pictures of the bad display with the ticket.  It has been nearly two weeks with NO action on the ticket or my issue.  Is Pine planning to honor its warranty policy?

My support ticket is:

Regards,
peabody1929

Hey peabody1929 i just received a email from Pine64 and they will replace the LCD screen. As TL Lim said on the other tread it seams that the ticket system is moving slowly but he's looking into this so it think you should not worry as I did lol but you posted your support ticket here so I'm sure they will look into this. Well take care hope your issue gets resolved.

I have disappointing news as well.  My Pinebook arrived with a defective display.  I opened a support ticket and posted pictures of the bad display with the ticket.  It has been nearly two weeks with NO action on the ticket or my issue.  Is Pine planning to honor its warranty policy?

My support ticket is:

Regards,
peabody1929

Hi Peabody,

Sorry for the delay. Your case is in process. We will keep you posted further for any update. If you need further assistance, please email to Pinebook email.
Sad face!!

I have received yesterday my Pinebook and even if the package looked intact the screen was cracked.
At first I thought it was the an abstract artwork background picture but alas was the screen.

I opened a support ticket #1518 right away where attached were the pictures of the broken screen.

I hope somebody from 'Pine Microsystems' is watching this tread.

Other thoughts
It is hard to contact the warranty department.

The choice of DHL as the carrier is unfortunate.
1) It looks like DHL is extremely rough or careless regarding the handling.
2) Nobody here told us that DHL will charge you another 20% for delivering to you.

Or the packaging was inadequate.
3) the plastic carrier box is not sufficient.
4) a 1mm thick foam is insufficient
5) no notice of 'Fragile' on the package

Thanks for a, hopefully, good experience.
(08-12-2017, 01:51 PM)redwil Wrote: Sad face!!

I have received yesterday my Pinebook and even if the package looked intact the screen was cracked.
At first I thought it was the an abstract artwork background picture but alas was the screen.

I opened a support ticket #1518 right away where attached were the pictures of the broken screen.

I hope somebody from 'Pine Microsystems' is watching this tread.

Other thoughts
It is hard to contact the warranty department.

The choice of DHL as the carrier is unfortunate.
1) It looks like DHL is extremely rough or careless regarding the handling.
2) Nobody here told us that DHL will charge you another 20% for delivering to you.

Or the packaging was inadequate.
3) the plastic carrier box is not sufficient.
4) a 1mm thick foam is insufficient
5) no notice of 'Fragile' on the package

Thanks for a, hopefully, good experience.

Sorry on the shipment damage, I have inform support team and they will take care. Regarding the DHL, we will file the claim based on your photos.
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I also received today a pinebook  with a broken LCD screen delivered by DHL services.

As other members said before:
1. The packaging is not strong enough to protect the pinebook: the blue boxes was broken too
2. I had to pay import customs and duties taxes for that broken pinebook
3. The FRAGILE sticker is complety
useless : use a real paper box instead

I have opened immediately a ticket #1537 with pictures but yet I have not received any notification from pine Microsystems inc.

Please help, I was really hoping for a great device...

Regards,
Jeremy

My support ticket is:

Regards,
peabody1929

Hey, sorry to hear about the broken screen. Of course your ticket will be honoured. Make sure to take pictures if you haven't already, as Pine will have to complain to DHL. Good that you posted - you may get TL's attention. 

Fingers crossed that this gets resolved quickly.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,213 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Broken bottom case of PineBook 14 Mick 1 920 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mick
  Original 14" Pinebook an Orphan? vdicarlo 2 1,259 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Pinebook Users are a nobody leperotero 13 12,598 09-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: zapper
  Does anybody repair pinebook pro laptops for a fee? Tsvi Bar-David 0 962 09-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tsvi Bar-David
  Pinebook with a broken screen and 2 eMMC's for sale. UK ONLY. frank-zappa 0 1,598 03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Pinebook to Pinebook Pro-esque upgrade kit sebboh 5 7,501 08-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Corkonian
  Screen halo? caps 7 9,704 03-09-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: nasask8r
  new pinebook help ron_burgundy 5 7,695 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Few questions about flashing to a MicroSD card on the Pinebook Pro SanjevR 6 9,612 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SanjevR