DHL delivered Pinebook with broken screen please help.
Hi everyone. DHL delivered my pinebook with a cracked lcd screen and the abs case that the Pinebook was in was in bits and pieces. I have been trying to contact Pine64 for 10 days now with no luck I have submitted 2 help tickets and have sent the 3 emails but no response. I also contacted DHL about this and they said a damage claim must be made but I can't make a claim since I'm not the shipping customer they said only syabas technology can make the claim. So here's my problem everyone I don't know what to do now I'm pretty much stuck with a 130 dollar paperweight I don't know if any of you have experience this same issue and what can be done in this case. I was super excited for my Pinebook been waiting with anticipation since 2016 but now this is just saddening. And Pine64 please ship these laptops in better packaging a flimsy abs case and a envelope is not enough protection for the way DHL is treating these packages.
Sorry to hear that! DHL must be pretty rough with your parcel, as the shipping case was designed to protect from way more damage than the standard drop tests, etc.

Just in case you've been using a different email address, sales@pine64.org would be the one to use to follow up on that sort of issue. But I'm surprised you've not had any response from the support tickets.. they should be responding within 48 hours. I've sent TL a message to bring this to his attention so, you should hear something within the next day or so, possibly here or directly.
(06-28-2017, 12:27 AM)Sudoapt-getburrito Wrote: Hi everyone. DHL delivered my pinebook with a cracked lcd screen and the abs case that the Pinebook was in was in bits and pieces. I have been trying to contact Pine64 for 10 days now with no luck I have submitted 2 help tickets and have sent the 3 emails but no response. I also contacted DHL about this and they said a damage claim must be made but I can't make a claim since I'm not the shipping customer they said only syabas technology can make the claim. So here's my problem everyone I don't know what to do now I'm pretty much stuck with a 130 dollar paperweight I don't know if any of you have experience this same issue and what can be done in this case. I was super excited for my Pinebook been waiting with anticipation since 2016 but now this is just saddening. And Pine64 please ship these laptops in better packaging a flimsy abs case and a envelope is not enough protection for the way DHL is treating these packages.

Sorry to know on the shipment damage and we commit to take the full responsibility. Please advise on your support ticket and we will look into to resolved your case. Please post the damage photos that this help use to deal with DHL.

... TL
Hi pfeerick thanks for your help I really appreciate it, and also TL thanks for the quick response. Yes I'll will submit a new support ticket and also send pictures of the damages to the Pinebook. Again thanks for your help. Smile
My ABS case lost a couple of chips inside, but it is still functional and my Pinebook looks lovely so I reckon I came out okay. It was just one of the corners near the hinge on the clear blue case. I like that little case, I keep my accessories in it for now.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
My plastic case was massacred too. But the pinebook survived perfectly fine.
(06-28-2017, 03:32 PM)MarshalDan Wrote: My plastic case was massacred too. But the pinebook survived perfectly fine.

Yeah, I was sad that the one I bought for myself was cracked all over and one corner was in pieces. But the one I got for my friend was pristine. Go figure. At least I have plenty of bags and backpacks to stuff it in when I'm not using it.
(06-28-2017, 02:58 AM)tllim Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 12:27 AM)Sudoapt-getburrito Wrote: Hi everyone. DHL delivered my pinebook with a cracked lcd screen and the abs case that the Pinebook was in was in bits and pieces. I have been trying to contact Pine64 for 10 days now with no luck I have submitted 2 help tickets and have sent the 3 emails but no response. I also contacted DHL about this and they said a damage claim must be made but I can't make a claim since I'm not the shipping customer they said only syabas technology can make the claim. So here's my problem everyone I don't know what to do now I'm pretty much stuck with a 130 dollar paperweight I don't know if any of you have experience this same issue and what can be done in this case. I was super excited for my Pinebook been waiting with anticipation since 2016 but now this is just saddening. And Pine64 please ship these laptops in better packaging a flimsy abs case and a envelope is not enough protection for the way DHL is treating these packages.

Sorry to know on the shipment damage and we commit to take the full responsibility. Please advise on your support ticket and we will look into to resolved your case. Please post the damage photos that this help use to deal with DHL.

... TL

My support tickets are

Thanks
(07-12-2017, 12:16 AM)Sudoapt-getburrito Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 02:58 AM)tllim Wrote:

... TL

My support tickets are

Thanks

thank you.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Hello everyone,

I have disappointing news as well. My Pinebook arrived with a defective display. I opened a support ticket and posted pictures of the bad display with the ticket. It has been nearly two weeks with NO action on the ticket or my issue. Is Pine planning to honor its warranty policy?

My support ticket is:

Regards,
peabody1929

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Pinebook - fix it or spare parts? oloturia 2 2,210 03-19-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: oloturia
  Broken bottom case of PineBook 14 Mick 1 920 02-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Mick
  Original 14" Pinebook an Orphan? vdicarlo 2 1,259 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: jezek
  Pinebook Users are a nobody leperotero 13 12,594 09-06-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: zapper
  Does anybody repair pinebook pro laptops for a fee? Tsvi Bar-David 0 957 09-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tsvi Bar-David
  Pinebook with a broken screen and 2 eMMC's for sale. UK ONLY. frank-zappa 0 1,597 03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  Pinebook to Pinebook Pro-esque upgrade kit sebboh 5 7,500 08-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Corkonian
  Screen halo? caps 7 9,701 03-09-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: nasask8r
  new pinebook help ron_burgundy 5 7,692 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ron_burgundy
  Few questions about flashing to a MicroSD card on the Pinebook Pro SanjevR 6 9,611 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SanjevR