Start from USB
Hi I would like to install another Linux, the Mint version, how can I make it start from a USB?
tage, I was unable to PM this to you has you have PM turned off. Please do not just tag onto someone else thread with a completely different topic. Use the Post Thread button instead of New Reply Wink

At the moment, you can't. You can only boot from the microSD, or the onboard eMMC, and are restricted to the operating systems provided. The pinebook is still very new, and I have heard of people working on
other distributions. 

At the time of writing, these are the possible pinebook OS install choices. This is a screenshot from the Pine64 Installer, which will let you download and write to your microSD card. Please note that the installs that say for eMMC will automatically copy from the SD card to the eMMC, overwriting whatever you currently have there, and most likely without any confirmation.

Thank you for your answer.

I wil wait for the opportunity af changeing to Linux Mint.

I am sorry if I have made a mistake when I started this question. I wa not aware of I submietted it to a existing tread.

No I have not had the PM turned off, have just tested it and it works now. Wonder what the reason could be.
(06-25-2017, 12:58 PM)tage Wrote: I am sorry if I have made a mistake when I started this question. I wa not aware of I submietted it to a existing tread.

No I have not had the PM turned off, have just tested it and it works now. Wonder what the reason could be.

No worries, I just didn't want to flog you in public Wink Maybe it was a glitch in the PM system. 

As far as Linux Mate, I don't think you'll have to wait too long. Work is being done on Debian stuff now, as well as arch, so all it will take is one eager beaver who really wants Mint, and it'll happen...
Sure, because the Mint is more similar to Windows and therefore I think a lot of people here in DK prefere that. nd it work a bit smoother than Ubuntu ;-)