Cover easily scratched?
Sorry, no pics at the moment, but I decided to take my pinebook to work so I could spend a little more time getting to know it, and when I pulled it from my bag, I found a heavy rub/damaged area on the surface of the lid, while the pinebook was in a backpack, with only a few other items inside, I was surprised the device was scarred up that easily?

The damage appears to have been caused by the power adapter jostling around while I walked. Also noted some red color rubbed off the empty water bottle I keep in my bag as well, and that wiped off easily enough with a touch of 409 and a paper towel, but I'm a bit concerned about the durability of this device.
Well the case is plastic so it will get scratched when it gets rubbed against metal or harder plastic. That said, my pre-production unit has been though a fair bit of abuse (including getting knocked down onto hard hotel floor by me while drunk at FOSDEM) and except a few scratches and bumps it held up quite well over a duration of 5 months that I used it. I am taking much better care of my production unit now ...
Did the metal barrel of the charger make contact with the plastic?
Post some pics when you can ... Anyways, you should wrap it anyways in some nice vinyl Wink Or place some stickers over the scratches ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-23-2017, 06:58 AM)Devilotx Wrote: Sorry, no pics at the moment, but I decided to take my pinebook to work so I could spend a little more time getting to know it, and when I pulled it from my bag, I found a heavy rub/damaged area on the surface of the lid, while the pinebook was in a backpack, with only a few other items inside, I was surprised the device was scarred up that easily?

The damage appears to have been caused by the power adapter jostling around while I walked. Also noted some red color rubbed off the empty water bottle I keep in my bag as well, and that wiped off easily enough with a touch of 409 and a paper towel, but I'm a bit concerned about the durability of this device.

I noticed how easily the material shows wear as well, but over all I am extremely satisfied with this device, especially at the price point. I have taken to carrying mine around in the blue plastic case it came with, even when it is in my computer bag to avoid further cosmetic damage. The biggest mark I have on mine is actually from my wedding ring rubbing across the top while I was trying to wipe off a smaller scratch.  Most of these marks seem to come off with a little work though.
My advice would be to find a laptop or tablet sleeve that fits it if you are transporting the pinebook with other sharp or harder objects. The case is softer plastic than some laptops, but also cleans up really well. I've had mine scuffed up and even go shades of grey when other black plastics have rubbed into it, and it's come back to it's proper white colour. 

Or you could always find a laptop sticker/skin/vinyl and cover it with that! Wink Personalise the hell out of it!!!
You can use a backpack with separate laptop/tablet sleep. It will help to keep your gadget safe from scratch.