Skype and Hangouts
Curious if Skype and/or Hangouts might work with this SBC. It appears to have enough horsepower to run both. Thoughts?
Should handle both perfectly!
Directly from Skype website. "As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down / 128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor."
(12-15-2015, 04:04 PM)Dakine1337 Wrote: Should handle both perfectly!
Directly from Skype website. "As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down / 128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor."

I have try out Skype and works well. Not yet check out Hangout and assume should runs well.
(12-15-2015, 08:50 PM)tllim Wrote:

I have try out Skype and works well. Not yet check out Hangout and assume should runs well.

That is good to hear! I have big plans for this then. I'm hoping to use this both with an webcam and hopefully a video capture card.

Follow on question: Any concerns with an HD webcam being recognized (IE Logitech C920)?
(12-15-2015, 09:14 PM)DynamoBen Wrote:

That is good to hear! I have big plans for this then. I'm hoping to use this both with an webcam and hopefully a video capture card.

Follow on question: Any concerns with an HD webcam being recognized (IE Logitech C920)?

I try out on the 5M pixel camera attached to CSI port but not try out on USB HD Webcam.
(12-15-2015, 10:14 PM)tllim Wrote: I try out on the 5M pixel camera attached to CSI port but not try out on USB HD Webcam.

A USB webcam would be a minimum requirement for what I'm doing. Do you think it's possible?
(12-15-2015, 10:22 PM)DynamoBen Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 10:14 PM)tllim Wrote: I try out on the 5M pixel camera attached to CSI port but not try out on USB HD Webcam.

A USB webcam would be a minimum requirement for what I'm doing. Do you think it's possible?

Pending on whether the USB HD Webcam already can work on exciting Android environment. I just google around and seems some people already try out Logitech USB cam and work on Android system. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLodRbC164k

Any details on what setup you used?  I've been trying to get skype working but no luck so far.  With the ubuntu image I couldn't get Skype to install since it's only built for i386 and no source available.  With Android I was able to install Skype from the play store, and it works.  But even though other apps can detect and use my USB webcam Skype doesn't.

Would love to get this working for skype since then I could eliminate a fullsize computer from our living room which would be wonderful!
(05-05-2016, 10:33 AM)jhitesma Wrote:

Any details on what setup you used?  I've been trying to get skype working but no luck so far.  With the ubuntu image I couldn't get Skype to install since it's only built for i386 and no source available.  With Android I was able to install Skype from the play store, and it works.  But even though other apps can detect and use my USB webcam Skype doesn't.

Would love to get this working for skype since then I could eliminate a fullsize computer from our living room which would be wonderful!
I try on Android build and skype app works.
Yes, the app works. But it doesn't detect a USB camera so it's only really useful for text chat, not video chat which is really want I need from Skype Sad

The USB camera is detected by android and working since I can use it in other apps. Just Skype won't recognize the camera.