sick of Ubuntu mate
(08-30-2017, 09:56 AM)abrmx Wrote: thanks for the fast response everyone. Yesterday I downloaded the Armbian and the Q4OS. I will test it today and I will keep you posted about the results.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with Armbian+Xfce, this is what I am using as default for now on the pinebookSmile
So, I tried i3 and it is blazing fast Smile Only one problem for now - when lid is closed pinebook is not going to sleep at all
(08-31-2017, 12:21 AM)rookieone Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 09:56 AM)abrmx Wrote: thanks for the fast response everyone. Yesterday I downloaded the Armbian and the Q4OS. I will test it today and I will keep you posted about the results.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with Armbian+Xfce, this is what I am using as default for now on the pinebookSmile
Armbian seems too nice! Do you know how to install it to the eMMC?
Armbian has a script called "nand-sata-install".
(09-04-2017, 08:15 AM)martinayotte Wrote: Armbian has a script called "nand-sata-install".

Hello
I find it in the config file xD

Thanks!
(09-04-2017, 08:15 AM)martinayotte Wrote: Armbian has a script called "nand-sata-install".

Hi,

Is there a way to flash Armbian to eMMC using a eMMC to USB adapter as oppossed to booting Armbian from a microSD card and running the "nand-sata-install" script ?
And if so, can you offer some insight on how I would go about it ?

Thanks!
(05-04-2018, 07:34 AM)AnythingIsFine Wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to flash Armbian to eMMC using a eMMC to USB adapter as oppossed to booting Armbian from a microSD card and running the "nand-sata-install" script ?

Thanks!

Doesn't regular dd work ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(05-04-2018, 01:58 PM)Luke Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 07:34 AM)AnythingIsFine Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Doesn't regular dd work ?

Yes, it does.
I had a made a mistake and mistakenly believed the image could not be flashed directly to eMMC.
Details are here.

Sorry for the spam.
[url=https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7133-rock64-armbian-emmc-image/][/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to switch Android to Ubuntu ? omnis2a 1 2,939 06-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Luke