Remote area surcharge - what is it?
Hy there everyone! 

Received today the following message from Pine email: 

Quote: Wrote:We are pleased to inform you that your order is scheduled to deliver very soon. However, in the midst of your shipment preparation, we come across that your shipping address is located in a remote area. This being said that a remote area surcharge of USD33 will be imposed to the delivery of your shipment. 

So Pine team told me that they are going to charge me 33 USD more because my country is "remote area". First of all, I live in Eastern Europe. Not in Africa or North Pole.  Why my country is in "remote area"? 
Secodly, delivery tariff to my country was mentioned on their website and it is not small - 52 USD per 1 shipment to Ukraine. Why do I need to pay more 33 USD I don't know. 
Thirdly, I don't want to pay anything more untill someone does explain to me where the additional costs came from. 

Hope to receive answer from Pine representatives ASAP. 

Thanks in advance!
You can get your informations here

Quote from DHL:

Quote:A Remote Area is defined as a post code or in the absence of post code, a suburb /town name that is difficult to serve. A delivery to one of the following post codes and towns would attract a Remote Area surcharge. For Import Express shipments, a pickup from one of the same post codes and towns would attract a Remote Area surcharge. 
(06-15-2017, 08:20 AM)TAO.vision Wrote: You can get your informations here

Quote from DHL:

Quote:A Remote Area is defined as a post code or in the absence of post code, a suburb /town name that is difficult to serve. A delivery to one of the following post codes and towns would attract a Remote Area surcharge. For Import Express shipments, a pickup from one of the same post codes and towns would attract a Remote Area surcharge. 

I live in Odessa city, country Ukraine. For such choice the result is: 
Quote:The location you have selected is not a remote area or is not a valid selection.

This website shows an error if I try to input my Postal Code, yes... But for "Odessa, Ukraine" everything is OK. 

So why should I pay this surcharge? Maybe it was a mistake?

Found a list of remote areas on DHL website. 
It's attached. 
My postal code - 65005 - is not mentioned there. 

Thus, it was a mistake. Dear Pine team, please ship my order as planned.

Attached Files
.pdf   DHL-Remote-Areas.pdf (Size: 603.82 KB / Downloads: 358)
(06-15-2017, 08:34 AM)Hatgor Wrote: Thus, it was a mistake. Dear Pine team, please ship my order as planned.

You may wish to forward this information onto sales@pine64.org (quoting your order number) or reply to the email that your order information in if it is not a no-reply email address, as the shipping folks aren't likely to see a post on the forum, so that they can follow it up with DHL to see why DHL is claiming you should be charged this when it appears to not be correct.