[Aug 6] Debian Stretch Minimal 64bit (0.7.8) / Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LXDE Desktop Image (0.7.8) / Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic minimal 64bit / 32bit Image (0.7.8) / Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Containers Image (0.7.8) / Stretch OpenMediaVault OS Image armhf / Stretch OpenMediaVault OS Image arm64 ( 0.7.8) - ROCK64 | [June 25] Stock Android 8.1 - ROCK64 | [June 19] Armbian (5.42) - ROCK64 | [June 19] Armbian (5.38) - PINE A64(+) / PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE

Project Inspiration | Get Started | IRC Logs | Forum Rules/Policy

Programming PADI with Arduino IDE
In the "Tools" menu of the Arduino IDE, I have
Board: "PADIIoTStamp"
OpenOCD: "JLink"
Port is greyed out.  The orange bar in the IDE has a message that, " the selected serial port does not exist or your board is not connected".  The notification at lower right says that I am using "PADIIoTStamp, JLink on COM9".  COM9 does not show up in the Device Manager.

I thought that the idea was that OpenOCD will take control of the JLink Mini EDU and program the PADI via the SWD lines, and that there was no need of a serial port.  Is this not so?
are you sure you followed the guide in the 1st post? like running in portable mode? and " update the platform.txt file of "padiiotstamp" package to point to the correct OpenOCD installation, on Windows it is also necessary to hardcode the path to the output binary (ram_all.bin) in this same file."? "add the line " transport select swd" to the
/Path_to_OpenOCD/scripts/interface/jlink.cfg file to automatically switch to SWD instead of JTAG ? just checking here. is your padi on the breakout board from pine64? it seems to me that if you have swd plugged into usb port that should be seen in device manager. do you have the proper driver installed on windows for the swd?
(06-13-2017, 12:26 PM)thomash Wrote: If necessary update the platform.txt file of "padiiotstamp" package to point to the correct OpenOCD installation

Well I'm getting this message:

Code:
Sketch uses 64820 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 2499639 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/usr/local/bin/openocd": error=2, No such file or directory

But where can I find this platform.txt file after I added the PADI board using the "Boards Manager" including the .json files etc. in the adruino propperties menu?

The Eclipse installer has put some openocd stuff in " /Applications/GNU ARM Eclipse/OpenOCD/0.9.0-201505191004" I have no clue what the root directory is to point to in case I can edit some platform.txt file.

Another route could be to move some openocd stuff into "/usr/local/bin/openocd"? Will that work? What folder should I move?

I'm working on OSX High Sierra, Arduino 1.8.5 IDE and I have been trying with both the "JLINK-OB-V1.2" form PINE64 and the ST-LINK 2V to get some code working on the PADI. Any advice? Thx!
Anyone? Please?
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to connect my PADI via a breakout board and USB to a Windows 10 machine.
I've hooked my PADI through the USB device from PINE64 to the PADI with the Tx to GB1 and the Rx to GB0.
I can communicate with the PADI via putty on COM4 with AT commands.

I installed the software according the above description.
However, I've do something wrong because I'm getting the following error in the Arduino IDE when I try to upload the example file ScanNetworks.

This is the error message:
"
Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Renee_i7\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_549601\core\core_padiiotstamp_ameba_padiiotstamp_OpenOCD_buspirate_32bc7c016a70058c6cb4d704b38fbcd0.a
Sketch uses 271732 bytes (10%) of program storage space. Maximum is 2499639 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\GNU ARM Eclipse\OpenOCD": CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
    at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
    at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
    at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:207)
    at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
    at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:713)
    at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:686)
    at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2168)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
    ... 8 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
"

The content of my platform.txt is as follows:
"
tools.openocd_tools.upload.params.verbose=
tools.openocd_tools.upload.params.quiet=
tools.openocd_tools.upload.pattern="C:\Program Files\GNU ARM Eclipse\OpenOCD" -f interface/{build.openocdcfg} -f {runtime.tools.openocd_tools.path}/rtl8710.ocd -c "init" -c "reset halt" -c "rtl8710_flash_auto_erase 1" -c "rtl8710_flash_auto_verify 1" -c "rtl8710_flash_write C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\portable\packages\realtek\hardware\ameba\2.0.4\system\libameba\sdk\component\soc\realtek\8195a\misc\gcc_utility\ram_all.bin 0" -c "reset" -c "shutdown"
"

So what I'm doing wrong?

Regards, Renee
To debug the microcontrollers, I made the launch but OpenOCD failed to configure the project for work because there was no support for the special signals and connector needed to connect to the target device. I was looking for a solution, and given the short time, I had to turn to the experts https://www.assignmentexpert.com/programming. I was recommended to check the built-in hardware debugger, so my board should be directly connected to the debugging host. And then, following your recommendations, I switched to downloading the drivers. I think now the installation will be done, at least I hope ....
(04-06-2018, 09:08 AM)Renee Wrote: Hello everybody,

I'm trying to connect my PADI via a breakout board and USB to a Windows 10 machine.
I've hooked my PADI through the USB device from PINE64 to the PADI with the Tx to GB1 and the Rx to GB0.
I can communicate with the PADI via putty on COM4 with AT commands.

I installed the software according the above description.
However, I've do something wrong because I'm getting the following error in the Arduino IDE when I try to upload the example file ScanNetworks.

This is the error message:
"
Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Renee_i7\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_549601\core\core_padiiotstamp_ameba_padiiotstamp_OpenOCD_buspirate_32bc7c016a70058c6cb4d704b38fbcd0.a
Sketch uses 271732 bytes (10%) of program storage space. Maximum is 2499639 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\GNU ARM Eclipse\OpenOCD": CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
    at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
    at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
    at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:207)
    at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
    at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:713)
    at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:686)
    at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2168)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=5, Access is denied
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
    ... 8 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
"

The content of my platform.txt is as follows:
"
tools.openocd_tools.upload.params.verbose=
tools.openocd_tools.upload.params.quiet=
tools.openocd_tools.upload.pattern="C:\Program Files\GNU ARM Eclipse\OpenOCD" -f interface/{build.openocdcfg} -f {runtime.tools.openocd_tools.path}/rtl8710.ocd -c "init" -c "reset halt" -c "rtl8710_flash_auto_erase 1" -c "rtl8710_flash_auto_verify 1" -c "rtl8710_flash_write C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\portable\packages\realtek\hardware\ameba\2.0.4\system\libameba\sdk\component\soc\realtek\8195a\misc\gcc_utility\ram_all.bin 0" -c "reset" -c "shutdown"
"

So what I'm doing wrong?

Regards, Renee

You need to link directly to the .exe file my guess is that it's at something like: "C:\Program Files\GNU ARM Eclipse\OpenOCD\0.9.0-xxxxxxxxx\bin\openocd.exe"
(01-10-2018, 10:15 AM)ronthepicguy Wrote: In the "Tools" menu of the Arduino IDE, I have
Board: "PADIIoTStamp"
OpenOCD: "JLink"
Port is greyed out.  The orange bar in the IDE has a message that, " the selected serial port does not exist or your board is not connected".  The notification at lower right says that I am using "PADIIoTStamp, JLink on COM9".  COM9 does not show up in the Device Manager.

I thought that the idea was that OpenOCD will take control of the JLink Mini EDU and program the PADI via the SWD lines, and that there was no need of a serial port.  Is this not so?

just use Zadig to reinstall the jlink driver. Worked for me. I think it does not need a com port at all. At least for me the port is grayed out but erase and write go trough. Fails at verify tho.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PADI IoT Stamp CAD file collection thomash 2 720 09-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Last Post: machinehum