SystemLED *ON* on boot
(06-09-2017, 10:42 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: Very good;

... now take it one step further. When you turn the sysled ON you know it got to a certain point in the boot process (this is good) but you can expand that with light patterns (similar to shore line strobes) that tell you other things about the system based on the pattern and the timing.  For instance, on my Pine64+ boards my sysled ( which I cable to the front of the ABS case which holds the board ) a slow 'heart beat' pattern indicates that the system is up, and idle.

See this link:

Wink

( moved thread to gpio )

Hi, yes I am thinking about using the sysLED to signal more than just on/off... still thinking what should try next...

Because my board does not come "on" every time, this was the first thing/think that occour to me to provide some little help...

My next move is to have a small MCU to *watch* this LED (pin) and, when it DOES NOT come to "on" after a certain amount of time, the MCU will issue a hardware reset (physical), wait again and issue reset(s) until the board really enters in boot process... well, at least this is what I am thinking (not tried yet) since I want to use this little board, besides having this boot issue...
Not a good solution but, as long as it works, will "resolve" the issue with boot, for me...

regards,
Valter

Messages In This Thread
SystemLED *ON* on boot - by ecolezen - 06-09-2017, 06:53 PM
RE: SystemLED *ON* on boot - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 06-09-2017, 10:42 PM
RE: SystemLED *ON* on boot - by ecolezen - 06-11-2017, 12:33 AM
RE: SystemLED *ON* on boot - by pfeerick - 06-11-2017, 03:16 AM
RE: SystemLED *ON* on boot - by ecolezen - 06-11-2017, 05:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  +LTS/SOPINE Clusterboard, U-Boot, PL7 LED Pine 0 1,325 03-09-2021, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Pine