Bliss OS (Pinebook) 20170919 [Oct 13] | Bliss OS (PINE A64(+)) 20170919 [Oct 13] | Linux Images (ROCK64) 0.5.10-118 [Oct 2] | Android Images (ROCK64) 0.3.4-86 [Oct 2] | Android 6.0.1 (PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE) 20170726 [Sep 29] | Android 7.1 (Pinebook) 0.3.10-66 [Sep 19] | Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) 0.3.10-66 [Sep 19] | Android 7.1 (SOPINE) 0.3.10-66 [Sep 19] | PINE64 Installer v2.0.0-beta.3 [Sep 12]

Getting Started | Visit the WIKI | IRC Logs | Forum Rules/Policy

Jlink SWD flash failed
I also get these messages occasionally when trying to upload the example:
WARNING: Failed to read memory @ address 0x00000100
WARNING: Failed to read memory @ address 0x40000210

I have found usually I can cycle the power and get a little further. The closest I have been able to get to flashing the example program is here:

Breakpoint 2, RtlFlashProgram () at rtl_flash_download.c:524
524    in rtl_flash_download.c
FILEENDADDR$92 = 0x16000
$93 = 0x16000
Restoring binary file ./application/Debug/bin/ram_all.bin into memory (0x10022fc8 to 0x100237c8)

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
__vectors_table ()
FILEENDADDR$94 = 0x16800
../../../component/soc/realtek/8195a/misc/gcc_utility//rtl_gdb_flash_write.txt:167: Error in sourced command file:
Cannot access memory at address 0x10009fc4
(gdb)

It seems like we got something downloaded to the flash because serial is not working anymore but I am sort of stuck.
I tried dozens of times to get the program to download using the PINE64 supplied debugger, only getting frustrated as the program failed to load at slightly different points. Ultimately I bought a genuine J-Link debugger and loaded the program my first try. I dont know if the debugger we ordered is especially bad, but if anyone is experiencing issues similar to the ones listed in this topic I suggest trying a genuine SEGGER J-Link.

I want to recommend spending money when cheap knockoffs should work, but I found in my case the genuine Segger I got on amazon fixed my problems and was well worth it. I was close to the point of smashing my computer, but if you have more patience than me it might be worth trying alternative cheap SWD adapters like the raspberry pi or Bus Pirate.
(09-18-2017, 06:11 PM)Dan Wrote: I tried dozens of times to get the program to download using the PINE64 supplied debugger, only getting frustrated as the program failed to load at slightly different points. Ultimately I bought a genuine J-Link debugger and loaded the program my first try. I dont know if the debugger we ordered is especially bad, but if anyone is experiencing issues similar to the ones listed in this topic I suggest trying a genuine SEGGER J-Link.

I want to recommend spending money when cheap knockoffs should work, but I found in my case the genuine Segger I got on amazon fixed my problems and was well worth it. I was close to the point of smashing my computer, but if you have more patience than me it might be worth trying alternative cheap SWD adapters like the raspberry pi or Bus Pirate.

I've already written this up elsewhere, but the bottom line is that Segger has crippled their software ( since about v614 ) so that it detects non Segger hardware and subsequently malfunctions.

Its all about money, of course. The J-Link SWD from Pine is $7.00,  the edu product from Segger is $70.00, and the commercial product is $700.00.   its grudge-ware because the Segger people do not want you or I to use a cheap Chinese knock-off and Segger software!  

So you're stuck with using the edu official J-Link for $70.00,  or finding a copy of the older software pre v614.

Blush

PS.  The Segger J-Link software package warns that the devices may not function correctly.

PSS.  Just for grins and giggles,  did you update the SWD firmware with the Segger software package ??

PSSS.  There is a copy of the original software in the Padi Stamp.  Be aware that there are two consoles;  you can tell the Padi which software version you want to use copy (1) or copy (2).  So, if you brick the Padi, you can recover it.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
i was on segger site this afternoon for a different issue than pine64 thing here but while i was there i noticed a few things, one being that they offer a linux 64bit ARM software download for anyone who is on a linux system who is connected via debugger to an ARM64 device so my question is, has everyone or anyone been using that specific piece of software. and another thing i found interesting is using their search for debug device there are no hits for padi, pine64, which is not surprising at all to me, my guess is no one @ pine64 asked for help [perhaps i'm wrong, maybe they were refused, in any event it would be nice to have an official comment.] another thing, there are several hundred devices that can be reached via segger software , it's true they have emsecure, to protect IP, another thing the segger search had no hits on rtl8710 , which to me means there is not much 8710 action out there or there would be hits. lastly, if you still think a segger can help you, buy one, what mark says is just not true, they have the j-link edu mini for 18 bucks open to hobbyists and it has full j-link support and looks very much like the cheap unauthorized clone pine64 sells. you just can not use it for commercial purposes.
(09-18-2017, 08:35 PM)dkryder Wrote: <snip> ... what mark says is just not true, they have the j-link edu mini for 18 bucks open to hobbyists and it has full j-link support and looks very much like the cheap unauthorized clone pine64 sells. you just can not use it for commercial purposes.

For the record,  what I said is absolutely true;  I was not ( and am not ) speaking of the edu mini;

... I'm speaking of the J-Link full commercial edition for educational purposes only ( non commercial use );  this model looks almost precisely the same as the full commercial version (almost $700.00) except that its $70.00 and is full J-Tag with the SWD subset.    I was not speaking about the edu mini;  nor can I vouch for its use.

Angry

PS.  the SWD from the Pine store is an STM32 F103  MCU.  If you're interested in the Segger edu mini,  check the Fxxx family and compare to the SWD from Pine ( they are probably different ).  In any event, when using the STM32 tool to update the firmware,  the Segger model will probably respond better, is my guess !

Dodgy

(09-18-2017, 08:35 PM)dkryder Wrote: i was on segger site this afternoon for a different issue than pine64 thing here but while i was there i noticed a few things, one being that they offer a linux 64bit ARM software download for anyone who is on a linux system who is connected via debugger to an ARM64 device so my question is, has everyone or anyone been using that specific piece of software. and another thing i found interesting is using their search for debug device there are no hits for padi, pine64, which is not surprising at all to me, my guess is no one @ pine64 asked for help [perhaps i'm wrong, maybe they were refused, in any event it would be nice to have an official comment.]  another thing, there are several hundred devices that can be reached via segger software , it's true they have emsecure, to protect IP,  another thing the segger search had no hits on rtl8710 , which to me means there is not much 8710 action out there or there would be hits. lastly, if you still think a segger can help you, buy one, what mark says is just not true, they have the j-link edu mini for 18 bucks open to hobbyists and it has full j-link support and looks very much like the cheap unauthorized clone pine64 sells. you just can not use it for commercial purposes.

If you check Craig's list , or eBay , perhaps amazon or your local swap'n-shop you could find a keyboard that has shift keys, full punctuation, and an enter or return key....  just a hint

PS.  here is the link to the Segger edu mini ,  just for completeness sake;

(  the Pine SWD is not a clone of this device  above  )
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )