Win 10 IoT 15063_20170602 shutdown
hello, nice work on 0602 but i noticed a few things. the about allwinner link has bad url and shutdown via command line or upper right power only reboots device, no actual shutdown. what would be best way to shutdown? oh yeah, cortana, what is best suggested method to get the voice recognition working? is there a list of known good mic/speaker setups?
(06-05-2017, 05:31 AM)dkryder Wrote: hello, nice work on 0602 but i noticed a few things. the about allwinner link has bad url and shutdown via command line or upper right power only reboots device, no actual shutdown. what would be best way to shutdown? 

hi dkryder,  the shutdown is a pine64 thing, not an IoT thing per se.

...  shutdown will actually reboot if the unit is not battery powered. In other words, if the pine board is powered via DCIN, then shutdown will go down and then immediately reboot. 

Best way to shutdown is to wait for the board red LED to blink ( machine is down momentarily off ) then unplug the power.  Otherwise, if the pine board is running from the battery with the jumper in the 5v setting, then shutdown will go all the way down and stay off.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
hey, the light [led] does not blink, continuous glow. disconnect probably isn't ok, yeah hopefully doing it this way won't bork sd card. this is a pine64 thing , well my omega2+ also won't shutdown but that's a different show, cause my minnowboard does not have this. another side thing is ethernet is half duplex when fully booted, is this a feature or a bug? also, command SetDisplayResolution only allows one resolution 1280x720 @ 64Hz. the 64Hz creates overscan. i should be able to open PowerShell, but the command causes command line to grey out for ~20-30 seconds then kicks back to command line.
(06-05-2017, 03:32 PM)dkryder Wrote: hey, the light [led] does not blink, continuous glow. disconnect probably isn't ok, yeah hopefully doing it this way won't bork sd card. this is a pine64 thing , well my omega2+ also won't shutdown but that's a different show, cause my minnowboard does not have this. another side thing is ethernet is half duplex when fully booted, is this a feature or a bug?  also, command SetDisplayResolution only allows one resolution 1280x720 @ 64Hz. the 64Hz creates overscan. i should be able to open PowerShell, but the command causes command line to grey out for ~20-30 seconds then kicks back to command line.

Ethernet RX does not work indeed. I just found it yestoday. trying to fix now.
Hi,

I’m developing my project on DragonBoard 410C, but I’m looking for a better solution.
Screen resolution limitation of Pine64 was mentioned here. I saw that it’s fixed at 1280x720.
Could someone else confirm that too?
I want to know all of the known issues in Windows IoT Core on Pine64 board. How’s the graphics performing? Is there hardware acceleration or graphics is performing less than optimal? And are there any other performance issues or something that’s not mentioned in official changelog of IoT Core OS?
By the way if we have to look at the official changelog, we have to think that Pine64 board performs better than officially supported boards by Microsoft. But I doubt that. That’s why I’m asking for your help.
Thanks in advance!

Regards, Miroslav.
(06-27-2017, 01:34 AM)miroslav.chakarov Wrote: Hi,

I’m developing my project on DragonBoard 410C, but I’m looking for a better solution.
Screen resolution limitation of Pine64 was mentioned here. I saw that it’s fixed at 1280x720.
I want to know all of the known issues in Windows IoT Core on Pine64 board. How’s the graphics performing? Is there hardware acceleration or graphics is performing less than optimal? And are there any other performance issues or something that’s not mentioned in official changelog of IoT Core OS?
By the way if we have to look at the official changelog, we have to think that Pine64 board performs better than officially supported boards by Microsoft. But I doubt that. That’s why I’m asking for your help.
Thanks in advance!

Regards, Miroslav.

The SoC of Allwinner A64 on pine64 board is designed with Mali400 GPU. This GPU cannot support DirectX on Windows platform exactly according to its specification. If you want to build a graphic-computing application, pine64 is not a good choice because it can only render graphics by Microsoft Basic Render Adapter.
(06-29-2017, 08:33 PM)Leeway213 Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 01:34 AM)miroslav.chakarov Wrote: Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Miroslav.

The SoC of Allwinner A64 on pine64 board is designed with Mali400 GPU. This GPU cannot support DirectX on Windows platform exactly according to its specification. If you want to build a graphic-computing application, pine64 is not a good choice because it can only render graphics by Microsoft Basic Render Adapter.

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

Regards.