Getting Bluetooth working on Armbian 5.27
(06-01-2017, 08:25 PM)stephen fleming Wrote: I downloaded the legacy kernel (I should have specified that) and did not download the mainline kernel because it said it was experimental. I followed the steps from the link you gave and got Bluetooth manager working, until trying to pair a keyboard and it crashed. Shortly after Ubuntu displayed a message saying it had experienced a error. I rebooted the system and the Bluetooth icon had disappeared.

Thanks!  Wink   I just had to be doubly sure as the other consideration is that the those instruction may not work on mainline... I can't say I seen anyone report back on that front!  Blush

Did you make sure you added the three things

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/state
rtk_hciattach /dev/ttyS1 rtk_h5 # BT on Pine is always connected to UART1
hciconfig hci0 up

to /etc/rc.local ?

They're put in that file so those commands are executed on every boot. The more 'proper' way to do that is to make a service, but this is the lazy way that works.  Big Grin

Other than that, I don't know what else is going on... there is a remote possibility it's SoPine related, or maybe the bluetooth just doesn't like your keyboard... or something else weird is going on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting Bluetooth working on Armbian 5.27 - by pfeerick - 06-02-2017, 12:27 AM