Patiently awaiting shipping info
I got my DHL-sending-notification yesterday, the package should be now in the airplane to europe. Expected delivery is tomorrow :-)
I'm hopeful that I'll hear something, 2 months since purchase... nothing...
I got my dhl notification today, expected delivery on monday Smile then the torture with the customs Smile
Just in case someone is wondering why he didn't get his shipping information yet, besides being supposed to fall into the mid June shipment, I got this answer from the pine64 team yesterday: 

Quote:Hello Daniele,

We have started fulfilled Pinebook since June 14 and it will take around 1 week to complete all the customers in the list. 

We will send you tracking number once your Pinebook has been shipped. Shipping lead time is around 3 to 7 days.

Thank you!

Regards,
Pine64 team
Combined with what was said in IRC (shipping information message is delayed by two days after shipping), this means everyone should get his shipping information by 14.06 + 1 week + 2 days = 23.06 latest, right?
Seems like notifications are trickling out now. Received my message this am. Estimated delivery is Tuesday 20 June here in Canada.

Can't wait to get to work!

p.s. My order was placed 5 May, in case you're wondering where you might be in the queue.
Came home to a DHL Notice on my door, attempted delivery at 4:50pm, just before I got home from work, Received notification from Pine last night at 11:30pm, so... little late to know it's shipping, so I missed it.

retry delivery today... now I watch for it.
I thought this might be helpful for people that are still waiting for their PineBook. My timeline is as follows; end of December 2016 I filled out my BTO, May 3rd I got the email saying I could order one, I ordered it that day. I received my PineBook yesterday here in Denver, CO, USA and I am pretty happy with it. The overall quality is better than I had expected, it is on par with a decent quality laptop. Keyboard & touchpad are decent, not Mac quality, but very useable.

The version of Mate that it shipped with is really pretty good, very complete, faster than I thought a gui with Linux would be on this hardware. I ordered a larger emmc drive with it and would prefer a more minimal OS install (think Crunch Bang-ish) so I will be doing a minimal Linux install and starting with something like Openbox if I can swing it. Pretty sure Bunsen Labs supports arm/Debian now. If anybody has any experience with this please point me to that thread or lets start a new one.
(06-20-2017, 11:09 AM)n3rDy Wrote: I ordered a larger emmc drive with it and would prefer a more minimal OS install
Did Pine install the larger emmc or do you have to install the larger emmc by yourself?
I also ordered a 32GB emmc (64GB wasnt available)
(06-20-2017, 12:02 PM)guidol Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 11:09 AM)n3rDy Wrote: I ordered a larger emmc drive with it and would prefer a more minimal OS install
Did Pine install the larger emmc or do you have to install the larger emmc by yourself?
I also ordered a 32GB emmc (64GB wasnt available)

hi guidol;  you have to install the eMMC yourself.  There is a resources page on the wiki explaining how.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(06-20-2017, 11:09 AM)n3rDy Wrote: ...
The version of Mate that it shipped with is really pretty good, very complete, faster than I thought a gui with Linux would be on this hardware. I ordered a larger emmc drive with it and would prefer a more minimal OS install (think Crunch Bang-ish) so I will be doing a minimal Linux install and starting with something like Openbox if I can swing it. Pretty sure Bunsen Labs supports arm/Debian now. If anybody has any experience with this please point me to that thread or lets start a new one.

There are automatically built images with i3wm available if you are looking for something more lightweight. i3wm is a pretty popular tiling windowmanager that I also use for my work Desktop PC...

https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/linux-build/releases
https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/linux-b...-65.img.xz

For more info about i3: http://i3wm.org/
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Free 14" Pinebook Spare Parts (You Pay Shipping) Nierika 3 4,992 01-27-2019, 04:18 PM
Last Post: spikerguy
  Selling 14" Pinebook ($90+Shipping) Nierika 4 5,042 11-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Last Post: WZ9V
Question The Shipping News jschall 7 8,102 11-10-2018, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Blutkoete
  14" pinebook FCC info dkryder 2 4,334 01-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Last Post: dkryder
  Power supply replacement, but shipping is expensive kurai021 3 3,757 12-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Siliconserf
  What is Pinebook shipping schedule? Fox7799 13 17,069 07-05-2017, 02:48 AM
Last Post: guidol
  NO shipping method for my country mehedi16 2 4,643 06-29-2017, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Pine168