New to Pine 64
Hello I just ordered my Pine 64 2 GB board with wifi/bluetooth module yesterday. I will not be getting it until May but I am looking forward to it. To be honest it was an impulse buy. I am not sure what I really want to do with it and have never had anything like this before. I will be looking forward to doing some research about the possibilities. I am leaning toward making it an emulator for gaming, never have really messed around with those either. I have some basic startup questions which I am sure I will find answers to through the forums. I will be looking through these forums and I am sure will have many questions prior to my board arriving and especially when it arrives. Thank you everyone for all of your input in these forums. Big Grin
(03-17-2016, 10:45 AM)Maggurt Wrote: Hello I just ordered my Pine 64 2 GB board with wifi/bluetooth module yesterday. I will not be getting it until May but I am looking forward to it. To be honest it was an impulse buy. I am not sure what I really want to do with it and have never had anything like this before. I will be looking forward to doing some research about the possibilities. I am leaning toward making it an emulator for gaming, never have really messed around with those either. I have some basic startup questions which I am sure I will find answers to through the forums. I will be looking through these forums and I am sure will have many questions prior to my board arriving and especially when it arrives. Thank you everyone for all of your input in these forums. Big Grin

Welcome!  The opportunities are endless.  Game emulation is a common topic around here and so that could be a good option.  I plan to use it as a home webserver where I will host a dropbox-like solution called Owncloud.
(03-17-2016, 10:57 AM)jl_678 Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 10:45 AM)Maggurt Wrote: Hello I just ordered my Pine 64 2 GB board with wifi/bluetooth module yesterday. I will not be getting it until May but I am looking forward to it. To be honest it was an impulse buy. I am not sure what I really want to do with it and have never had anything like this before. I will be looking forward to doing some research about the possibilities. I am leaning toward making it an emulator for gaming, never have really messed around with those either. I have some basic startup questions which I am sure I will find answers to through the forums. I will be looking through these forums and I am sure will have many questions prior to my board arriving and especially when it arrives. Thank you everyone for all of your input in these forums. Big Grin

Welcome!  The opportunities are endless.  Game emulation is a common topic around here and so that could be a good option.  I plan to use it as a home webserver where I will host a dropbox-like solution called Owncloud.

Setting it up as some type of server is something i would maybe be interested in as well, but have never set a server of any kind up. Is this something I would need to be familiar with Linux to do? I have never really used Linux, only once a long time ago when I was messing around with hacking WiFi for fun.
Yes, you would need to be familiar with Linux; however, there are a ton of tutorials all over the Internet. You could also ask here too.

I was not familiar with Linux when I started either and there is nothing like a project to help you learn

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Welcome. I bought my Pine to play with the Android options and see what kind of interesting things I could do with it. I own several other SBCs and this one caught my attention. Hope you find an interesting project to get into.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pine store paulhide 1 3,117 09-17-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  My optimal software configuration for pine A64(+) 2Gb Alkemyboy 3 4,510 03-18-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pine HDMI -> DVI monitor Pineapple 4 7,647 09-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Pineapple
  PINE A64+ 4K Media Computer RWL 4 6,780 11-08-2018, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mindwave
  Multi Room Audio - Pine style mjgoode 4 8,515 09-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Last Post: mjgoode
  Pine 64 LTS Schematic And R18 Reference Manual Akash Gajjar 2 5,180 12-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: tllim
  [PINE A64+ 2GB] Ubuntu - Losing Signal Arlanps 4 6,071 02-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Arlanps
  Applying a fan for the Pine 64+? Maximum 5 9,396 01-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Shad0wSt4R
  Using Pine cluster for Docker Swarm jpnh 1 3,748 11-22-2016, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jpnh
  Pine 64 IR Receiver not working rajatgarg21 1 3,144 08-31-2016, 12:47 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777