Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+))
Installed this on a 32GB evo card. Booted fine but I got the prompt that SuperSU binary needs to be updated so I ran the update.
After update, it says to reboot. Then after that, it's stuck in the boot screen (4 animated color "balls?") forever.
Happened to me twice (reflashed the image).

I also noticed that Bluetooth on this version is super weak. My Kinivo BTH240 could connect to the build if I leave it beside the Pine. However, if i lift up the headset and put it on my head, while sitting about 1m (3 ft) away from the Pine, BT disconnects... This makes it totally unusable...

Anyone had similar issues?
(05-24-2017, 09:02 AM)SkimMilk Wrote: Installed this on a 32GB evo card. Booted fine but I got the prompt that SuperSU binary needs to be updated so I ran the update.
After update, it says to reboot. Then after that, it's stuck in the boot screen (4 animated color "balls?") forever.
Happened to me twice (reflashed the image).

I also noticed that Bluetooth on this version is super weak. My Kinivo BTH240 could connect to the build if I leave it beside the Pine. However, if i lift up the headset and put it on my head, while sitting about 1m (3 ft) away from the Pine, BT disconnects... This makes it totally unusable...

Anyone had similar issues?

Yes, don't update SudoSU - it breaks the install.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I've been away for a while and see that there is a new collection of IMAGES on the Wiki page. What exactly is the difference between the version posted here and Ayufan's build? It has the exact same numbering/version scheme so I would assume it's identical? Any advantages to one over the other?
pine64 is now using Ayufan's builds as the "official" pine64 company build.
Roger that. Thank you very much dkryder!
After trying a lot of linux distros and remix OS, I finally settled down to this android 7.1.

I wanted to use my pine64 as a media server and TV box. None of the linux distros was helpful as they lack GPU drivers.

When it comes to Remix OS, it is very complicated in storage management. There are so many overlapping psrtitions and unable to (identify and) extennd the main partition to use the maximum SD card storage.

I experience smooth video playback performance in both online video through youtube and saved movies through MX player. HW acceleration of video as well as audio is possible. I could extennd the main (data) partition to use the maximum SD card storage (with gparted in my ubuntu pc). I'm really satisfied with my pine64 2GB and android 7.1.

As this is a rooted version root apps can be used too, but we have to be carefull not to update super su binaries.

The issues I had so far are as follows.
1) Afteer first boot and after storage expansion, super su gave troubles with repeated messages as "Root access is allowed to XXXX" but the app needing root access is not working properly.
Solution: go to settings --> apps. Find supersu clear data, disable it and enable it again. (You have to update the app again later in play store).

2) When playing online video in both chrome and youtube app, if the resolution is changed from lower to higher only the upper left quadrant of the video will be on the screen.
Solution: stop the video and play again. Do not change resolution while a video is being played.

3) When playinga a long saved video in MX player, suddenly the video stopped. This hsppened twice while I'm watching a movie. When replaying there was no option to resume, so I had to seek to the point where I Stopped.

4) At some times, it takes time to respond to clicks
How do I expand storage for my full sdcard? Only giving me have of my 128gb card. I tried gparted live, but shows full card as unallocated
(07-10-2017, 08:25 PM)pytyper483 Wrote: How do I expand storage for my full sdcard? Only giving me have of my 128gb card. I tried gparted live, but shows full card as unallocated

Sorry for the delay in replying.
You have to boot your pine at least once before resizing partition.
1) Insert your sd card to a linux pc with gparted
2) open gparted and select your sd card. (/dev/sdb in my case)
3) right click on and select unmount for the 'data' partition (last partition)
4) right click on data partition again and select resize
NB: if it is already expanded to the maximum then you have to select "check" instead of resize. Then skip the step 5) below.
5) drag the righ handle to the extreme right.
6) click apply changes.
7) give permission for the warning message

Thats all.
I've burned the image succesfully using Etcher.  However, I cant get it to boot up on pine 64 2gb.  Screen is black for a few seconds, then reverts to no signal.
I noticed that this bootlogo.bmp file is for pinebook.  Have I got the wrong image?  Image i downloaded is android-7.1-pine-a64-tv-v0.3.5-r61.img.gz

If it is the correct image, is there something I am meant to do or edit on any files before first boot?

Thanks all
(07-27-2017, 01:51 AM)reeno Wrote: I've burned the image succesfully using Etcher.  However, I cant get it to boot up on pine 64 2gb.  Screen is black for a few seconds, then reverts to no signal.
I noticed that this bootlogo.bmp file is for pinebook.  Have I got the wrong image?  Image i downloaded is android-7.1-pine-a64-tv-v0.3.5-r61.img.gz

If it is the correct image, is there something I am meant to do or edit on any files before first boot?

Thanks all
it will depend somewhat on the monitor you are using and what the native resolution of that monitor or if you are using the lcd touchscreen. i've learned through experience that it is best to take a look at    uEnv.txt in the BOOT partition prior to booting. that file is pretty much a configuration file for several items including display choices.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained) ayufan 228 381,861 12-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: firmwarefile
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,171 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,533 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,868 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 6,937 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,522 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,291 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Bliss OS (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 4 12,300 06-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Last Post: nukedawg
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 253,863 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,495 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx