OpenMediaVault (PINE A64(+)) 4.13.10 [Nov 21] | OpenMediaVault (A64-LTS / SOPINE) 4.13.10 [Nov 21] | Q4OS (PINE A64(+)) 2.4-r1 [Nov 10] | Volumio (ROCK64) 2.299 [Oct 30] | Q4OS (Pinebook) 2.4-r1 [Oct 30] | DietPi (ROCK64) v156 [Oct 24] | Armbian - Xenial Desktop (Pinebook) 5.34 [Oct 24] | motionEyeOS (PINE A64(+)) 20171003 [Oct 23] | Android Images (ROCK64) 20171012 [Oct 23]

Getting Started | Visit the WIKI | IRC Logs | Forum Rules/Policy

AT Commands Over WiFi
Is it possible to send AT commands to the PADI stamp over a WiFi connection? Can someone point me to the right documentation for this?

Thanks.
(05-09-2017, 06:23 AM)tcostigl Wrote: Is it possible to send AT commands to the PADI stamp over a WiFi connection? Can someone point me to the right documentation for this?

AT commands for what ?

... out-of-box the padi gets its commands from the serial console.  Remember, it was designed to "add" wifi to another device, like the arduino, or the RPi2.  In such a use case the arduino configures and controls the padi via the serial console (like setting up a tcp server) so that another device can send data to the arduino via wifi. (the arduino uses the AT command set to "send" or to "receive" from the tcp server on the padi).  Once the server is setup, the AT command set could be "extended" to include the original set along with any others.

On the other hand, the default operation of the padi stamp may be changed with the sdk and the programmer module (you can flash a new system to the padi). In such a configuration the padi could be configured to connect to the network and then take "its own" AT command via wifi rather than the serial console ( or in addition to the serial console ). This could be useful as a padi stand-alone use case where you want to control the padi(s) gpio from remote (where the padi is taking the place of the arduino; PAduino is coming in the future).
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(05-09-2017, 11:11 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: AT commands for what ?

... This could be useful as a padi stand-alone use case where you want to control the padi(s) gpio from remote (where the padi is taking the place of the arduino

That is what I am trying do. If I understand you, there is no way to do it out of the box and instead I must re-flash padi with custom code to implement it?

Is the pre-loaded firmware open source? I'd like to use it as a starting point but it's not clear what exactly the code is in the "realtek_ameba1_va0_example" directory included with the SDK.
(05-09-2017, 02:55 PM)tcostigl Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 11:11 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: AT commands for what ?

... This could be useful as a padi stand-alone use case where you want to control the padi(s) gpio from remote (where the padi is taking the place of the arduino

That is what I am trying do. If I understand you, there is no way to do it out of the box and instead I must re-flash padi with custom code to implement it?

Is the pre-loaded firmware open source? I'd like to use it as a starting point but it's not clear what exactly the code is in the "realtek_ameba1_va0_example" directory included with the SDK.

Let's keep in touch.  I am at the same point in my own projects where I need to flash the padi. As far as I know the padi is open source;  the sdk contains everything necessary (wouldn't be much point of reflashing if it weren't).

There appears to be a full SPI and i2c library (interface) which is primarily where my interest lies. I plan to write data streams with SPI to an external set of shift registers for expanded gpio;  particularly for the pinebook. The proof of concept work is finished (with the AT commands, but is of course too slow).

So, yes, we need the base code; and then need to be able to modify the base code with AT extensions and SPI or i2c interfaces.

Out-of-box the padi will not do what you want.  I have successfully created a connection, created a TCP server, and I have dialogued between my arduino and my pine board via wifi.  I have NOT yet attempted to change the padi config nor OS.  ... coming soon;  I'll keep you posted.

Blush
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Hi Mark, any news on flashing a custom OS that accepts AT commands over WiFi? 

I have been busy job hunting so I haven't been able to work on it. But if someone had a sample project with the OS and build instructions, that would help.
Regards,
-Thomas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Several PADI connected to Pine via Wifi Traveler 3 753 02-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777