Pin64+ 1G: attach Custom LCD
Hi,

I have to attach some custom LCDs with Pine64+ Board.

Please guide me how to do it. Where to change driver details.

Regards,
Looking forward for guidance.

Where to change LCD drivers to add custom LCDs with Pine64 Board.

What source code part required to be rebuild.

Please tell me steps.

Thanks
You should be aware that porting such device could be very complicated, if not impossible (on the basis that I do not know your programming skills)
If I remind well everything is in the kernel, currently the only supported LCD panels (mb709_mipi, lcd_edp_anx9804) are driven by the "disp" module (drivers/video/sunxi/disp2/disp).
hi, waiting for everyone to take a look;  I figure 177 is enough.

This is going to be rough sledding for you.  There are really two issues here; 1) you need to find a compatible DSI lcd panel for the DSI display connector, and 2) you need to determine what kind of touch panel (if any) you want on the tp connector,  and that is going to be very difficult.

google it.

What you are looking for is the DSI instructions ;  you won't find any step-by-step instructions for a specific display, but you may get enough information that will help you figure out your display.

In my opinion it will be better to find a smallish 720p60 hdmi display, and then retro fit a touch panel via usb (if any).

Best of luck;  also, should you figure out a new display, please post back here with YOUR step-by-step instructions and pic photo journal so that the community has one more compatible display they can try.

Thank you.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(05-28-2017, 07:11 AM)drich Wrote: You should be aware that porting such device could be very complicated, if not impossible (on the basis that I do not know your programming skills)
If I remind well everything is in the kernel, currently the only supported LCD panels (mb709_mipi, lcd_edp_anx9804) are driven by the "disp" module (drivers/video/sunxi/disp2/disp).

Yes i am aware of programming, I have software driver of my LCD.

Hardware connections will also be done well.

1. drivers/video/sunxi/disp2/disp you mean in u-boot-pine64 package?

2. please guide me how to build and copy boot-loader and kernel img to device.

Please also guide me how to debug boot loader and kernel.

Thanks

(05-28-2017, 09:12 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: hi, waiting for everyone to take a look;  I figure 177 is enough.

This is going to be rough sledding for you.  There are really two issues here; 1) you need to find a compatible DSI lcd panel for the DSI display connector, and 2) you need to determine what kind of touch panel (if any) you want on the tp connector,  and that is going to be very difficult.

google it.

What you are looking for is the DSI instructions ;  you won't find any step-by-step instructions for a specific display, but you may get enough information that will help you figure out your display.

In my opinion it will be better to find a smallish 720p60 hdmi display, and then retro fit a touch panel via usb (if any).

Best of luck;  also, should you figure out a new display, please post back here with YOUR step-by-step instructions and pic photo journal so that the community has one more compatible display they can try.

Thank you.

Thanks for your detailed reply.

About LCD and Touch panel connection I have managed it well, no problem for that.

1. please guide me where to add driver source code, in boot-loader, kernel or android ROM.

2. What working package of source code is available for boot-loader and kernel or Pine64+ 1G board

3. please guide me how to build and copy boot-loader and kernel img to device.

4. Please also guide me how to debug boot-loader, kernel and Android ROM so that i can see TRACE text outputs on some terminal and shell for whats going on during device boot and running android.

Thanks

Tanveer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom boot animations Bluphire 4 5,639 05-05-2017, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Quezbeme