Unable to boot up [Solved]
Got a couple of the sopine + baseboard + power combos. They just arrived, but neither seems to boot. I've tried several images on the SD-Card including the currated sopine Ubuntu image from the wiki: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Pa..._OS_Images

I create the sdcard using 
Code:
zcat name.img.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdg bs=1M oflag=sync

Plugged into the baseboard I have an HDMI cable to a monitor, an ethernet cable, and the barrel power cable. The SD-Card is in the SOPINE and when powered there is a green LED on the baseboard and on the SOPINE. The monitor just always says there's no signal and nothing lights up on the ethernet jack.
I'm using a 16GB "Transcend Premium" SD-Card.
(04-25-2017, 12:29 PM)bobpaul Wrote: Got a couple of the sopine + baseboard + power combos. They just arrived, but neither seems to boot. I've tried several images on the SD-Card including the currated sopine Ubuntu image from the wiki: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Pa..._OS_Images

I create the sdcard using 
Code:
zcat name.img.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdg bs=1M oflag=sync

Plugged into the baseboard I have an HDMI cable to a monitor, an ethernet cable, and the barrel power cable. The SD-Card is in the SOPINE and when powered there is a green LED on the baseboard and on the SOPINE. The monitor just always says there's no signal and nothing lights up on the ethernet jack.
I'm using a 16GB "Transcend Premium" SD-Card.

1) what is the resolution of the monitor ? 
2) do the ethernet port LEDs blink?
if yes
3) have you tried to ssh into the SoPine ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

there is only one sopine image i'm aware of and it is on the resources tab of the sopine page. xubuntu-xenial-mate-20170306-longsleep-sopine-8GB.img 5,242,880 filesize
The ubuntu and android images worked for me just fine ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

i have only used the xenial and it works good. but one thing i did learn is the kernel update process about a month ago, maybe it has been fixed, would update with the pine64 kernel which would not boot and actually behaved just like the description by bobpaul. i also just looked and the image has been removed from the resources tab of the page i mentioned. another thing i wanted to mention about something i do with sodimm cards, mostly memory but also the sopine, is to clean with alcohol and insert/remove several times because there is always a chance for some type of manufacturing coatings on the trace tabs or connectors of the card or the baseboard. also,bobpaul, give etcher a try on writing the image just to eliminate the possibility of your command and/or dd not handling the image properly.
(04-25-2017, 12:33 PM)Luke Wrote: 1) what is the resolution of the monitor ? 
2) do the ethernet port LEDs blink?
if yes
3) have you tried to ssh into the SoPine ?

1. 1080p (it's this monitor http://a.co/fMHyTtx)
2. The ethernet port LEDs did not blink.

I grabbed an 8GB sd-card I had in a RasbPi and flashed that with android and it worked. Then I flashed it with the Xubuntu image and that worked, too.

And now it's working fine with the 16GB Transcend card. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong.

(04-25-2017, 02:35 PM)dkryder Wrote: another thing i wanted to mention about something i do with sodimm cards, mostly memory but also the sopine, is to clean with alcohol and insert/remove several times because there is always a chance for some type of manufacturing coatings on the trace tabs or connectors of the card or the baseboard. also,bobpaul, give etcher a try on writing the image just to eliminate the possibility of your command and/or dd not handling the image properly.

Both of these seems like reasonable explanations for why it didn't work. Etcher looks like a useful tool; I'll try that next time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A64 LTS Boot Sequence? Robert2020 0 969 07-16-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Robert2020
  Tow-boot on Sopine module? poVoq 2 1,453 04-05-2023, 12:48 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Pine64 LTS won't boot zuvmajujo 1 926 04-02-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: zuvmajujo
  Has anyone gotten "reset" to work in U-Boot for Pine64? Pine 1 3,424 04-19-2021, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Pine
  Pine A64 LTS V1.2 LCD DSI Boot Issue emud 1 3,762 08-08-2020, 11:29 AM
Last Post: emud
  Mainline u-boot FEL failure foreverska 0 2,749 12-19-2019, 10:21 AM
Last Post: foreverska
  Pine64 LTS Boot Media order Akash Gajjar 1 3,347 07-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: tllim