Getting Started | Visit the WIKI | IRC Logs | Forum Rules/Policy

Padi Stamp LED pcb symbol is incorrect
(03-11-2017, 01:09 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: I thought I could live without the power LED on the padi;  dkryder was right -- we really do need the power LED monitor on the padi stamp because sometimes the jumpers don't quite make, or we have a poor jumper , and the LED ( which I have changed to green here ) helps us know from just a peek where the problem is...

... thanks dkryder.

about that LED, the 2nd padi i soldered i put in 2 male dupont connectors in place of the LED leads so i could have a test situation for determining the correct position. and you were right that the flat part goes away from the padi stamp. so members not aware, the marking on the breakout board for LED are incorrect.
never thought about test powering cause LED first thing i soldered. guess i need to make it last. [i'm talking future situations of doubt in soldering] either way it's either right or wrong.
It's worth checking anyway, especially if you're about to do a clock kit with some 60 leds! Undecided Recently it seems the chinese will randomly put the flat wherever they feel like it... resulting it being pretty pointless. I've yet to see the length of the anode or cathode wrong... but it becomes problematic when they make both leads the same length... meaning testing is needed. I suppose it's the price we pay for even cheaper electronics! Wink
The padi stamp LED pcb symbol is incorrect leading to the LED being soldered in backwards ; for the unaware.  Sad

Thanks dkryder for making aware ! Smile

While the diode symbol inside the circle IS correct, the 'flat side' on the outside of the circle is on the wrong side. The anode (long lead of the LED) should be nearest the capacitor. Again, if in doubt apply power to the padi and press fit the LED into the pcb until it glows (note the position) , remove power and solder the LED into place.

Note: I've made this set of posts sticky in padi stamp subforum
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(03-11-2017, 09:04 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: While the diode symbol inside the circle IS correct, the 'flat side' on the outside of the circle is on the wrong side. The anode (long lead of the LED) should be nearest the capacitor. Again, if in doubt apply power to the padi and press fit the LED into the pcb until it glows (note the position) , remove power and solder the LED into place.

Excellent! Indeed, it is plain wrong, as it should either have no circle, or if it does, not have flat side at all! I think somebody was trying to make the life of beginners easier by adding a flat, and instead got it completely wrong... back to the drawing board!  :-O

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Padi Stamp v2.2.1, v3.5 (2016/10/08-16:57:18) MarkHaysHarris777 62 4,579 03-11-2017, 01:09 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Several PADI connected to Pine via Wifi Traveler 3 383 02-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  broadcasting with padi stamp ? Grag38 2 159 01-31-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Grag38
  PADI IoT Stamp is starting to get noticed... pfeerick 12 1,327 12-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Last Post: tllim