Cluster Software
A PINE64A recently arrived, so I started getting it set up for a cluster using OpenMPI or MPICH,  maybe setting up a Hadoop cluster later.
  If you use Longsleep's Ubuntu image, you can install either of the MPI libraries(OpenMPI or MPICH) from the repositories if you're not keen on compiling them from source. They both seem to be the most recent versions, so that's neat.  You might need to edit sources.list to include the universe repositories.
  I'll post details as I get more into it. Right now I've only got the one Pine so I won't be able to get much information out besides what you need and how to get it.
(03-13-2016, 01:03 AM)Madroxprime Wrote: A PINE64A recently arrived, so I started getting it set up for a cluster using OpenMPI or MPICH,  maybe setting up a Hadoop cluster later.
  If you use Longsleep's Ubuntu image, you can install either of the MPI libraries(OpenMPI or MPICH) from the repositories if you're not keen on compiling them from source. They both seem to be the most recent versions, so that's neat.  You might need to edit sources.list to include the universe repositories.
  I'll post details as I get more into it. Right now I've only got the one Pine so I won't be able to get much information out besides what you need and how to get it.

Hey. I have 4 boards and have started on a Hadoop cluster. I started up some documentation if you want to see it. It's still a work and progress but I will share it with you if you like.

It currently has puppet fully set up and working and I am currently troubleshooting issues with Hadoop while running teragen. I also plan on installing and configuring Slurm and OpenMPI libraries on it. It is running Debian Jessie. If you wanted to make a Hadoop cluster I could help you with my documentation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I started blogging on Pine64 Cluster salmangano 13 18,300 04-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Shad0wSt4R
  Cluster / Render Farm Ron Piggott 15 25,117 10-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Bargain 5 Node Cluster of PINE A64+ from Climber.net tllim 8 14,492 10-02-2016, 07:01 AM
Last Post: sheffield_nick
  Pine64 Cluster economy baryluk 5 11,005 06-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Last Post: JasperBrown
  cluster computing jproffer 20 35,907 05-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Last Post: pineresearch
  Cluster capable? W1SPY 7 12,310 02-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Last Post: hrh1818