Videoconference station
Hi all,
I need to assemble a simple videoconference station based on Skype.

Is Pine64 a possible solution?

Can I use a usb camera (logitech)?
Can I add a remote to control the station?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
best regards.

Eco
Eco
(03-08-2017, 04:07 AM)eco Wrote: Hi all,

best regards.

Eco

Hey,

You can run skype on android without issues. On Linux this would be much more tricky or impossible given that there isn't an arm skype app. You could still probably do it using x86 emulation - but I'm not sure. 

So you will probably stick with android then. I think remote control ought to work out of the box with android -- and I believe I saw Xalius help another user set up a third party remote just the other day (that may have been under linux, I don't recall). 

I will ask someone more knowledgeable to answer your question re the Logitech webcam -- but I belive that maybe an issue (there likely isn't support for it in the kernel).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-08-2017, 07:07 AM)Luke Wrote:

best regards.

Eco

Hey,

You can run skype on android without issues. On Linux this would be much more tricky or impossible given that there isn't an arm skype app. You could still probably do it using x86 emulation - but I'm not sure. 

So you will probably stick with android then. I think remote control ought to work out of the box with android -- and I believe I saw Xalius help another user set up a third party remote just the other day (that may have been under linux, I don't recall). 

I will ask someone more knowledgeable to answer your question re the Logitech webcam -- but I belive that maybe an issue (there likely isn't support for it in the kernel).
Hello, are you sure that there´s no problem to use skype on android?
cuz weeks ago i tried and installed skype to videoconference and used a new logitech web cam, but didn´t work, skype dont even reconogize the cam.

Maybe cuz i tried with 5.1.1 android version, please help me.

Thanks.

sorry for my bad english!
Thanks for your quick answers!
Android would be fine.

I found a thread on the remote.

The problem seems the usb camera.
Any other experience on this problem?

Thanks.
Eco
(03-08-2017, 09:32 AM)eco Wrote: Thanks for your quick answers!
Android would be fine.

I found a thread on the remote.

The problem seems the usb camera.
Any other experience on this problem?

Thanks.

Ya we have same problem on logitech cam Big Grin
(03-08-2017, 09:07 AM)Pine64dude Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 07:07 AM)Luke Wrote:

best regards.

Eco

Hey,

Hello, are you sure that there´s no problem to use skype on android?
cuz weeks ago i tried and installed skype to videoconference and used a new logitech web cam, but didn´t work, skype dont even reconogize the cam.

Maybe cuz i tried with 5.1.1 android version, please help me.

Thanks.

sorry for my bad english!

As I've said, I don't think that the cam will work because of no kernel support for it. Other than that, it should work just fine. Think you may want to ask ayufan for more help in this regard ;Wink
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter