Shipping Progress
gettin nervous but wanna play

Backer 11.160
STATUS - RECEIVED
April 20th Store customer - all 4 2GB boards showed up today.
(06-13-2016, 08:48 AM)florevillepine Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 08:27 AM)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: I updated my signature file so that everyone can see the status of my own order. I suggest people do the same.

My update

Noted, already put our order number into status tracking list. If not yet shipped, will shipped out on this week.
(06-13-2016, 04:17 PM)rikkyrik Wrote: gettin nervous but wanna play

Backer 11.160
STATUS - NOT RECEIVED - NO TRACKING NUMBER - NOT SHIPPED
Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016

Noted, already put our order number into status tracking list. If not yet shipped, will shipped out on this week.
(#102285870)

and

supposed to be shipped late may, help.
Received my pre-order 2GB board today. Looks good but still waiting on my power supply to fire it up. I did NOT however, receive the power button that I have read so much about OR the WIFI add-on.
Hi TL,
Will greatly appreciate it if you can help check on my KS shipment status (per my sig below).

If the RemixOS microSD card is going to delay beyond 2 weeks, can you help to check if the shipping team can just proceed ship me the 6sets of boards with blank microSD card (or even without microSD card -- I do not need refund for the microSD if it will help reduce delay by removing microSD).

Just some additional inputs:

While I understand all the hardwork that the Pine64 folks have spent into making the project a successful one, it is a tad frustrating from my end that there is not much trustworthy communication from the team. While there have been updates hinting the delay of the shipments - there was no signs or notice mentioning delay of RemixOS SD card in Backerkit (at least when I entered my survey information) nor was it included in any updates (unless I missed any).

Email 1: Sent 31-Mar-16, Replied 1-Apr-16
The package will be shipped out within 2 weeks (which should be 1 - 14 Apr)
Adding microCD will not cause any delay at this point.

Email 2: Sent 6-Apr-16; follow up on 9-Apr-16.
Email sent after update KS update #35, to confirm which batch my shipment will belong to (either 1Apr-15Apr or 23Apr-6May).
Offered to remove 1x microSD from my order IF it caused delay, without needing refund.
No response.

Forum PM#1 to tllim: Sent 23-Apr-16, Replied by tllim 24-Apr-16
First info that the delay is due to RemixOS.
Plan to finalize build by this week (I assume end of Apr), shipment can be released next week (I assume first week May).
*Thanks tllim for quick reply.

Email 3: Sent 23-Apr-16, Replied 26-Apr-16
Email to check status. Response: There's been a slight delay as mentioned in update.
Your order will begin shipping in about 3 - 4 weeks. (which is around week 3 May)

Forum PM#2 to tllim: Sent 16-May-16, follow-up 24-May-16
To check status on RemixOS build.
No response.

Email 4: Sent 19-May-16, follow up 23-May, replied 8-Jun-16.
Checking status and what is causing delay.
Pine64 team confirmed RemixOS SD is causing delay on 8-Jun. All orders to be shipped out by 2 weeks. (which is by 22-Jun).
I ask if we could ship empty SD card then to minimize delay -- No response as of today.

I understand that the Pine64 team is working their best to sort out the issues in the RemixOS build with their partners but I think a communication or update in forum will go a long way in reducing frustrations. 
Also, as have been mentioned in multiple KS updates - I fully understand the delay and that such is expected of a Kickstarter project where backers are helping the company to build something new, etc etc, and that this is not a normal store, and to refer Kickstarter term and conditions of use. So for these:

1. I am not complaining about delay - merely providing some inputs for improvements. As with many thousands of backer, I see value in this project and I would like to extend my support and see the Pine64 team succeed in the goals, not only in Kickstarter, but as a business entity as a whole.
  2. I am not a lawyer, but my understanding of the terms of use:
"When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers."
"The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers."

Which Pine64 did the first 50% by completing the board production successfully. The other 50% however, is to deliver each reward.
To delay, of course, is not breach of the terms. But what it does for sure, it frustrates the customers when there is no clear and accurate communication of what is expected.
I am sure Pine64 team will deliver the KS rewards in full - it is a matter of when. And if it is not delivered, only then its breaching the terms.

And I believe I have seen somewhere that the Pre-Order will not be shipped before KS rewards are fulfilled.
I do not have any objections either way, but apparently, even this seems to not be accurate with forum entries mentioning that some have received pre-order sales items (way before all KS backers received their rewards)? I may be wrong though - did not dig through in detail.

Sorry for the long post

Best regards, NK.
Backer number #12,077 (KS Pledged: 15-Dec-15; Backerkit funded: 10-Mar-16)
Original pledge: Pine A64+ 2GB (March Delivery)
Addon: 4x Pine A64+ 2GB WIFI, 1x Pine A64+ 2GB, 1x 32GB micro-SD (RemixOS)

Backerkit Status: Ready to ship
Tracking#: Not available
Hey tllim, was just wondering if you could check on mine please? I would appreciate it.
PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM, 8GB MicroSD Card, Basic Media Remote, Acrylic Open Enclosure, Wifi/Bluetooth Module, 5V 2A Power Supply.
Backer number #26,231  + KS Funded Jan 16, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 10, 2016

(06-13-2016, 11:07 PM)hatman28 Wrote: Received my pre-order 2GB board today. Looks good but still waiting on my power supply to fire it up. I did NOT however, receive the power button that I have read so much about OR the WIFI add-on.

I think the button is KS only
Backer #20,167 - KS funded 07 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016

STATUS -  Received 6 Jul 2016 - Shipped 24 Jun 2016
Update on shipping-

I contacted TL recently about all my missing add-ons and when I could expect them, as only the WiFi module shipped with my original board. I'd added a 2nd board plus other accessories after the campaign, but BackerKit showed as fulfilled even though I never received them. Got a response with a tracking number from TL June 9th. Tracking shows "Departure export customs" on June 9th. Switching to USPS to track, it shows arrived in Chicago yesterday morning. So looks like about 4 days once it leaves China to get to the US. How much longer to get to my house though, I don't know (hopefully not long, near Detroit).

I recall someone mentioning if the tracking number had some letters, it meant something. I don't recall what they were, but my number was LS---------CN, if that means anything.

Good luck to everyone else, I'm hoping you all get your stuff soon. I'll update once I receive the items to give an idea of how long once in the US.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,963 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,679 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,066 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,013 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,952 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,183 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,662 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,301 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,210 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,886 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus