Shipping Progress
Well finally got a response about my shipment. Set to go out in a batch in the next few weeks. Oh wait this is the same thing they sent a month ago. Good thing I can run to store and just buy RPI 3 all day long.
(06-08-2016, 04:19 PM)Tikimaster Wrote: Well finally got a response about my shipment. Set to go out in a batch in the next few weeks. Oh wait this is the same thing they sent a month ago. Good thing I can run to store and just buy RPI 3 all day long.

I understand your frustration.  Still waiting myself with similar concern .... and did go buy a couple RPI3s already.
--
Backer number #17,538  + KS Funded 01/23/2016 + Backerkit CC charged 3/10/2016
Backerkit STATUS: Ready to Ship, No Tracking Number, Not Received
(06-09-2016, 09:34 AM)richc Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 04:19 PM)Tikimaster Wrote: Well finally got a response about my shipment. Set to go out in a batch in the next few weeks. Oh wait this is the same thing they sent a month ago. Good thing I can run to store and just buy RPI 3 all day long.

I understand your frustration.  Still waiting myself with similar concern .... and did go buy a couple RPI3s already.

With this project being so delayed yes I have been picking these up as needed. Was hopeful this would be nice replacement but without it being in my hands who knows. I am very pleased with the RPi 3 just wish it had the 2GB RAM this board should have. But then again when you are creative you find ways to add RAM :p
Have to admit, the single biggest reason I backed the Pine was because it was so much more powerful than the Raspberry Pi 2. I always felt that the Pis were underpowered. Had the RPi3 come out a month or so earlier there is no question that I'd have directed my cash elsewhere. More fool me.
Backer #29,562 - KS funded 23 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016
STATUS - RECEIVED - STILL WAITING FOR MY TRACKING NUMBER THOUGH...  Undecided
Whats gets me, is this line from the May 27th Update:

" We've uploaded our latest batch of 9155 tracking numbers, bringing our total shipment to 30,855 shipped. "

That was almost TWO WEEKS ago. I never received a tracking number. My status still reads as "Ready to Ship". I want to email, but whats the point if I have to wait nine days to see if I get a response or not. And then what? I reply back, and I have to wait another nine days for another response?

My best guestimates would say either A) backerkit is a piece of crap and glitched thus no tracking number for me; B)Somehow my order was lost and not fullfilled; or C) They lied in the last update.
I received my tracking number this morning, I expect it to take at least another week or two before I have the board in my hand. To be honest I'm not really sure what this board can do that can't be done with my RPi3 but that's just me and my use. (Actually I started a new project with one of my 1st gen RPi B a few days ago!)
Backer #16374 - KS funded January 23rd 2016 - Backerkit funded on March 10th 2016 - BOARD RECEIVED ON JUNE 29th - BACKERKIT ORDER FULFILLED ON SEPT 8th
(06-09-2016, 11:39 AM)RichT Wrote: Have to admit, the single biggest reason I backed the Pine was because it was so much more powerful than the Raspberry Pi 2. I always felt that the Pis were underpowered. Had the RPi3 come out a month or so earlier there is no question that I'd have directed my cash elsewhere. More fool me.

Right there with you. All I know is this is the ONLY Pine that will be in my toolset. With service this bad and the pure lack of true information I really do not see a V2 in their future. If there is they will do it without my $$.
(06-06-2016, 02:50 AM)gbjensen Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 12:21 AM)gbjensen Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 06:37 AM)gbjensen Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 11:33 PM)hatman28 Wrote: I was very excited when I first found the Pine on the Internet. I researched it out, and decided I would give it a try. I placed my order on the 17th of February, knowing full well it would be May before I received it; NOT after according the email. I was okay with that and have been patiently waiting for my order. I also read every post about slow shipping and promised myself I would not follow suit, that it would come in due time and that was okay.

About three weeks ago, I was telling my co-worker about the pine, extolling the virtue of this startup, exclaiming all the possibilities. So, he gets excited and orders one. I informed him that he would need to be patient that he probably wouldn't receiving it until the end of June at this point, he was okay with that.

Tonight, I get to work and what do I get? My co-worker showing me an email that his pine has shipped. When I see this, I am excited because I know that if his shipped, mine shipped as well (same identical order placed months before his), but when I log in, what do I see? PROCESSING. This is starting to borderline on the absurd. I get that takes time but this would indicate chaos and complete lack of organization.

Maybe I should order a new Pine to get it fast Cool . (Backerkit status: Ready To Ship) What a shame the 2GB version is sold out.  Dodgy

I posted this as a joke, but obviously should I have ordered a new Pine if I want to get one. If shop orders has been delivered and I as a backer still have not got ANYTHING even not a tracking number. What is going on???
I have just checked the online store. 1 and 2GB versions are on stock today. I ordered a 2GB Pine64. So lets see what will arrive first. I would not be surprised if it's my order placed in the pine64.com online store today!

Just FYI, since I first posted this message, I have received a "your order has shipped" message with a 2 day priority USPS tracking number. However, it's just not true. That was nearly two weeks ago and still no actual tracking information except the USPS has received pre-shipping information. My co-worker hasn't received his ether.
I updated my signature file so that everyone can see the status of my own order. I suggest people do the same.
Backer number #7,254  + KS Funded Jan 23, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 11, 2016
STATUS: Pine 2GB + Temp/Humidity Sensor RECEIVED, Z-Wave Module: NOT SHIPPED

(06-10-2016, 08:27 AM)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: I updated my signature file so that everyone can see the status of my own order. I suggest people do the same.

Good idea.
PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM, 8GB MicroSD Card, Basic Media Remote, Acrylic Open Enclosure, Wifi/Bluetooth Module, 5V 2A Power Supply.
Backer number #26,231  + KS Funded Jan 16, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 10, 2016

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 3,120 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,809 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,175 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,106 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 8,228 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,369 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,793 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,396 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,260 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 12,095 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus