Shipping Progress
Oh noes!

I need my PINE's (yes I ordered more than 1) ASAP so I can fulfill a project for a client! I trusted PINE's claim of "Will ship in May but not later than May" - and here I am, with an unfulfilled order!

So based on the fact that I ordered my PINE's on the April 28 - can anybody tell me when my stuff will ship? My order no is: 1023288xx (xx being the last two digits of my order that I cleverly masked).

Help me guys!
Thanks,
Rowan
I know everyone is asking for it, but has there been any communication on the expected shipping time for the last 6-7 thousand KS orders? I have been waiting patiently for over 3 months now waiting for my order to change from "Ready to ship", and I am starting to lose hope of ever getting these boards.

And has there been any CONFIRMED cases of pre-orders from the store being received before KS orders?
Mike, there have been at least a handful of people that stated their store orders have been received. So yes, orders are being received before KS rewards, despite all the promises it wouldn't happen.

I think the problem that Pine ran into was trying to sell via the store too soon. On the store website, they had specified shipping no later then end of May. Being a store instead of KS, unfortunately I believe they have more legal obligations to fulfill those on time. It kind of stinks, but that's how it goes I guess. The other problem that brings is that it could potentially delay KS rewards even more, as supply is routed to store orders instead. I'd like to see them update the store to say orders won't ship until July, as that would allow them to finish off all the KS rewards, but who knows.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
(06-06-2016, 02:08 PM)rowy Wrote: Oh noes!

I need my PINE's (yes I ordered more than 1) ASAP so I can fulfill a project for a client! I trusted PINE's claim of "Will ship in May but not later than May" - and here I am, with an unfulfilled order!

So based on the fact that I ordered my PINE's on the April 28 - can anybody tell me when my stuff will ship? My order no is: 1023288xx (xx being the last two digits of my order that I cleverly masked).

Help me guys!
Thanks,
Rowan
I preordered mine on 14 march and still no info too- unfullfiledSad
(06-07-2016, 07:21 AM)MikeJewski Wrote: I know everyone is asking for it, but has there been any communication on the expected shipping time for the last 6-7 thousand KS orders? I have been waiting patiently for over 3 months now waiting for my order to change from "Ready to ship", and I am starting to lose hope of ever getting these boards.
coming Friday it will be exactly 3 months since my credit card has been charged. Still hasn't received my Pines and modules (total order for around 200EUR) neither received tracking number, neither received confirmation about the shipment of any kind. The only message I got so far was kind of foggy "it will take another 2-3 weeks ...". Tomorrow is 3 weeks since that day, so I asked again. I got this reply.

"HI Peter,

Thanks for contacting us. We currently have your order in pipeline to be sent out. There's about less than 4k orders left and we're shipping out a couple hundreds a day. As soon as yours ships out you will receive an email update with tracking info. Thanks so much for your patience.

"

If that is true then in 20days (end of June) would be processed all KS shipments.
Then wait about +1month until it will be delivered.
If it is any consolation to backers in the UK, who are still awaiting delivery, I was notified on 27th May 2016 that mine had been shipped, and I was given a tracking number.

It was delivered to me by Royal Mail this morning - 7th June, although U.K. tracking details only appeared today on the Royal Mail website.

I have posted this information on the latest Kickstarter update page also, although it would be good to have the case as well... I wonder when that will come!
(06-07-2016, 07:21 AM)MikeJewski Wrote: I know everyone is asking for it, but has there been any communication on the expected shipping time for the last 6-7 thousand KS orders? I have been waiting patiently for over 3 months now waiting for my order to change from "Ready to ship", and I am starting to lose hope of ever getting these boards.

And has there been any CONFIRMED cases of pre-orders from the store being received before KS orders?

My messages to this thread #562, #574
I finally got an answer from TL Lim, an email I initially sent on May 18th and re-sent on May 26th:

Quote:When will the new Z-wave modules be available?
[Ans] The new -ZWave module already in-stock,. However, the parameter setting inside the ZWave module is random data when we get from Sigma Designs (ZWave supplier). We prefer to setup the data properly and shipped out together with ABS case on mid July.   
How will the redesign affect performance?
[Ans] The new design not as good as original Mitsumi module, but in par with ZWave module that using Sigma Designs module in market. After eliminating Mitsumi, Sigma Designs is the SOLE ZWave supplier.
Will the new module still be Z-wave+ compatible?
[Ans] The new module using Sigma Design ZM5304 and this means still Z-Wave+ compatible.
When will my kit be shipped?
[Ans] Your kit already arranged on ship out and not wait for ABS case and ZWave module. Some already out last week, all will out within next 2 weeks,
Why hasn't the Z-wave delay been communicated?
[Ans] The ZWave delayed already been communicated on Pine64 forum. KS team should make a better communication at kickstarter page.

I for one do not consider a random forum post in someone else's thread to be an official comment, I don't think you should have to read hundreds of forum posts in hope of finding out what is going on and when you'll be receiving your rewards. Had it been "The one and only official staff comment and information thread" it would have been another thing but now it seems rather desperate to jump in and out of other people's threads to answer (some of the) questions posted but not making an official statement, for example by means of a KS update email. The Z-wave delay was confirmed in this thread at least a week before the last KS update but not included in the email even though some older news was.

I have yet to receive a tracking number.
I was disappointed to read the reference in the above post about the ABS cases not shipping until mid July, which is much later than I had expected.

At that rate it could then be well into August before we actually receive them! Sad
I must add: Official informatin is needed as soon as possible regarding last KS backer shipments.
No update since May 27 and still NO RESPONSE from stuff on sent e-mails (at least mine were not answered at all).
Backer 38109.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,964 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,680 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,066 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,013 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,953 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,183 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,663 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,302 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,211 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,888 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus