[REQUEST] Youtube video tutorial for dual-install Ubuntu + Remix OS
Seems we would be receiving our Pine 64 now  Big Grin

Now, the OS seems an issue due to small developments and may take some time until a stable release is done? I miss kind of clear software support section by Pine64 staff

I request someone to publish (when possible) a step-by-step Youtube tutorial for a dual install of Ubuntu 16 + Remix OS 2.0

I think a minimum sd card with 16GB would be ok

Thanks
(03-02-2016, 05:38 AM)7777777 Wrote: Seems we would be receiving our Pine 64 now  Big Grin

Now, the OS seems an issue due to small developments and may take some time until a stable release is done? I miss kind of clear software support section by Pine64 staff

I request someone to publish (when possible) a step-by-step Youtube tutorial for a dual install of Ubuntu 16 + Remix OS 2.0

I think a minimum sd card with 16GB would be ok

Thanks

Remix OS installation similar to Android, just use Phoenixcard.
Linux OS seems not as straight forward at now. We try to simplified the installation process based on longsleep's Linux work.
The minimum microSD card size we set is 8GB where still able to locate class 10 type. Below 8GB, hard to find class 10.
(03-02-2016, 09:51 AM)tllim Wrote: Remix OS installation similar to Android, just use Phoenixcard.
Linux OS seems not as straight forward at now. We try to simplified the installation process based on longsleep's Linux work.

Thanks, sorry but newbies like me do not know what is a Phoenixcard and need support

so should we wait for the Pine64 devs to a more mature/improved linux distro?

Pine64 website certainly needs a software download section with the .img files and steps to do so, otherwise could lose credibility just providing a collaborator's directory to download distros.

Please, spend some time to work on this important feature your website must have, since installing a trustworthy OS is something every customer must do
PhoenixCard not an easy way at all. It closed source software running on Windows - who wants that even if it would work right?

@tllim: What improvement do you suggest? It cannot be any easier than to fuse a disk image. It just needs docs - see https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...ng-images/ for a good example. It can only go wrong if you recommend PhoenixCard to normal users.
(03-02-2016, 12:09 PM)longsleep Wrote: PhoenixCard not an easy way at all. It closed source software running on Windows - who wants that even if it would work right?

@tllim: What improvement do you suggest? It cannot be any easier than to fuse a disk image. It just needs docs - see https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...ng-images/ for a good example. It can only go wrong if you recommend PhoenixCard to normal users.

Disk image as you just mentioned. The Phoenixcard propose is for current user who plan to try Remix OS. We will also create disk image for Remix OS when ready to roll.
over the air update capable?
have you got remix OS image now?
(03-02-2016, 01:37 PM)tllim Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 12:09 PM)longsleep Wrote: PhoenixCard not an easy way at all. It closed source software running on Windows - who wants that even if it would work right?

Disk image as you just mentioned. The Phoenixcard propose is for current user who plan to try Remix OS. We will also create disk image for Remix OS when ready to roll.

oki so I assume the customers must wait once received the boards until you release kind of official "good" image for various distros, right?

and yeah @longsleep, this section is what pine 64 exactly needs (https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...ng-images/)
(03-02-2016, 09:58 AM)7777777 Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 09:51 AM)tllim Wrote: Remix OS installation similar to Android, just use Phoenixcard.

Thanks, sorry but newbies like me do not know what is a Phoenixcard and need support

so should we wait for the Pine64 devs to a more mature/improved linux distro?

Pine64 website certainly needs a software download section with the .img files and steps to do so, otherwise could lose credibility just providing a collaborator's directory to download distros.

Please, spend some time to work on this important feature your website must have, since installing a trustworthy OS is something every customer must do

There is a software download section on the Pine64 wiki, here:

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release
(03-02-2016, 01:52 PM)hazerty Wrote: over the air update capable?
have you got remix OS image now?

For Android build, we have already setup OTA. For Remix, I don't think the current build we have has the OTA yet and we will check with them who host OTA. We have the first Remix OS build and currently demo at Launch event at San Francisco. We will release the build when Remix give us a go signal.
thanks, I will stay tunned then

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  linux-headers and quartz64-post-install package conflicts Berzerkleyfan 2 547 12-01-2023, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Berzerkleyfan
  PBP Debian 11 GRUB install error zlth 2 1,827 11-18-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: zlth
  Reformatting postmarket os with ubuntu touch mackdaddy67 6 8,222 09-11-2020, 12:41 AM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  wrong launguage install chadace 1 3,978 06-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Last Post: chadace
  Video conferencing aproject oxoocoffee 1 2,989 03-31-2020, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  How to boot from the SD card and install to eMMC? ravanh 2 6,365 03-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Install OS on RAID1 thanks to dual SATA board? Thatoo 12 15,172 05-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Thatoo
  Rock64 suitable for headless TVHeadend install? elsmandino 3 6,365 06-26-2018, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Here Is another mini-how-to to install Raspbian:DESKTOP/ETHERNET/HDMI speedro86 4 8,058 04-15-2018, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bunkerWHz
  sopine cluster board install Smurfbot 1 4,316 03-31-2018, 04:09 AM
Last Post: pfeerick