Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here!
tllim say the early shipment of V2 board begin this week end.
I got my Pine64 1GB today, I downloaded the Arch Linux image but haven't burned it to an SD card yet.
Mine arrived today. Packaging seems very poor. The box is badly dented and the board appears to be slightly curved!

Hard to get a good picture of the board and it does appear to boot ok but might want to consider better packaging for the next batch.

[Image: FfTolj1.jpg]
(03-15-2016, 07:47 AM)ppiixx Wrote: Mine arrived today. Packaging seems very poor. The box is badly dented and the board appears to be slightly curved!

Hard to get a good picture of the board and it does appear to boot ok but might want to consider better packaging for the next batch.

There is a proposal to avoid this stick to the package label "glass" in the future. Unless, of course it is the handiwork of the postal service! In which country was this delivery? What is the postal service?
Delivered in the UK by royal mail.

Customs declaration lists it as a 5$ microcomputer board. No Fragile markings but that isn't likely to help with such poor packaging anyway.
(03-15-2016, 07:59 AM)ppiixx Wrote: Delivered in the UK by royal mail.

Customs declaration lists it as a 5$ microcomputer board. No Fragile markings but that isn't likely to help with such poor packaging anyway.

Honestly, I thought that only Russian post is almost as bad works, it is Royal Mail or slightly better ... ((( You can post the photo on the side board (see bending)? It coincides with the deformation on the box?
Sorry to see this mess Paul..
Hope this is insured and get your money back.

I'm also located in the UK and have ordered 4 of these... so I'm a bit concerned now.
I'm pretty sure though this is not Royal Mail's fault. The package must have been treated badly somewhere in between its way to you.
(03-15-2016, 07:47 AM)ppiixx Wrote: Mine arrived today. Packaging seems very poor. The box is badly dented and the board appears to be slightly curved!

Sorry to know on the shipping condition. If the board is damage, we will compensate with another new board. There are several suggestions on this thread and we already take notes to improve. However, we have compared our shipping material with others such like Raspberry Pi and CHIP, and believed we have provide more protection than them.
(03-15-2016, 10:08 AM)tllim Wrote:

Sorry to know on the shipping condition. If the board is damage, we will compensate with another new board. There are several suggestions on this thread and we already take notes to improve. However, we have compared our shipping material with others such like Raspberry Pi and CHIP, and believed we have provide more protection than them.

I've got the board booting into linux ok (using the image from https://github.com/apritzel/pine64) so it isn't dead but there is a visible rise of several mm from one end of the board to the other which doesn't look right.

[Image: 3i3hXvS.jpg]

The support form at http://www.pine64.com/support isn't working:

'Failed to send your ticket. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method.'
(03-15-2016, 10:31 AM)ppiixx Wrote:
(03-15-2016, 10:08 AM)tllim Wrote:

I've got the board booting into linux ok (using the image from https://github.com/apritzel/pine64) so it isn't dead but there is a visible rise of several mm from one end of the board to the other which doesn't look right.

[Image: 3i3hXvS.jpg]

The support form at http://www.pine64.com/support isn't working:

'Failed to send your ticket. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method.'

Just PM me your shipping info, I will ask China facility ship out another 1GB board (withdraw from my developer board quota) on this week.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is the PinePhone delivered to your door or to a post office? MirceaKitsune 11 7,144 11-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Didn't receive phone, no response from Pine64 at all rn43x 8 9,554 09-11-2021, 01:29 PM
Last Post: hacker
  New to Pine64: should I have expected a tracking number by now? Indieshack 2 5,019 06-19-2020, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Indieshack
  Earth to Pine64, please respond! EvanBeem 43 48,898 02-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Post: tllim
  BEFORE You post asking about shipping from Pine Store (not Kickstarter) rahlquist 41 79,381 10-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: hans
  Pine64 sales are useless panoflex 1 3,798 09-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Pine64 2gb + stuff for sale or trade Caleb420 0 2,435 09-22-2016, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Caleb420
  Not Received Any Pine64 maheshsutariya 16 21,023 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PINE64 ABS Playbox Enclosure be available for sale in the shop danlcarr 3 5,770 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Last Post: clocey
  Pine64 FS or Trade? birdcatx7 6 9,201 08-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777