GBA Emulation Working on 512MB Board, Ubuntu
In case anyone is searching for a way to emulate GB/GBA games on longsleep's Ubuntu, I can confirm that VisualBoyAdvance works fairly flawlessly. Because I'm using the 512MB board, I noticed a bit of a performance hit when emulating with a full Desktop Environment. To combat this, I'm using the very bare-bones XDE Windows Manager. The only issue I'm having currently is that it's not very convenient to use in a living room environment, as a keyboard (or SSH) is pretty much required to get everything setup (Mostly, selecting the ROMs). I'm sure a combination of a lightweight DE and some startup scripts can get it all working together without the need for keyboard input, though. 

If anyone knows any methods to navigate a GUI-less Ubuntu environment with an x-input device, I'd appreciate the input. The ideal setup would involve a startup script that could read the contents of a folder, select wanted ROM with the x-input device, and pass the selection to the pre-configured VBA emulator. 

Please let me know if I can provide any help or additional information.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What OS and emulators are you using for your emulation station? tanarri 2 7,190 04-11-2020, 03:10 AM
Last Post: lawrencejd
  Emulation in Linux remainder 16 23,632 10-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: remainder
Big Grin My pine is ready to ship! What's the status on emulation? pqueiro 0 3,082 05-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pqueiro
  Developer board playing Dreamcast games KryPtAlIvIaN 8 12,166 02-12-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Ghost