P64 as relay?
Hi,

i've got a project running which uses an modem to convert a received signal  to an ascii string via a serial connection. 
The strings are now receid on a serial port and relayed to an internet ip address and port (UDP protocol) using its intenet connection.
The settings of the serial port are specific.

My question , is the Pine64 equiped to do this (of course with some add ons)?
Where should i look and what kind of sotware shouls i use?

Regards and thanks in advance
Erwin
(01-22-2017, 07:37 AM)etsoft Wrote: i've got a project running which uses an modem to convert a received signal  to an ascii string via a serial connection. 
The strings are now receid on a serial port and relayed to an internet ip address and port (UDP protocol) using its intenet connection.

My question , is the Pine64 equiped to do this (of course with some add ons)?
Where should i look and what kind of sotware shouls i use?

The simple answer is, yes.

... The PineA64 ( particularly with gnu+linux running on it ) is a full-blown modern multicore computer.  From that standpoint it can do anything your desk PC can do.

You may use serial programming ( C , Python , etc ) on any of the available uart(s) and you may use sockets programming on the eth0 or wlan0 nic. 

What you do with the data between the uart and the eth0 is your business, and totally limited only by your knowledge of the programming language and libraries you choose to employ.

uart(3&4) are located on the euler bus,  while uart(2) is located on the pi bus. uart(0) is the serial console and uart(1) is the wifi port ( depending on plugging in the wifi daughter card ).

Sockets programming is not a noob or beginner topic, but IS easy and straight-forward on the Pine board if you are an experienced sockets programmer.

Serial programming is also not a noob or beginner topic, but is also easy and straight-forward if you are an experienced serial programmer,  on the Pine board.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tor relay mane 3 4,769 03-17-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: mane