Playbox Kit Question!
Hello!  I have recently upgraded my pledge to the $89 version, which lists a "Playbox Kit" as one of the items included in this package.  I see that this includes said Playbox, and the 7" Touchscreen (which is awesome), but those items are seperately listed from this Playbox "kit".

My question is... what exactly comes in the Playbox Kit?  Mainly, does it come with the 3.7V Lithium battery, or should I add that to my order if I want it?  (I do, I do want it.)

Thanks for taking time to read this, hope to get an answer soon!  Though of course, the "lock in" date is set about a month from now, so I'm assuming I have plenty of time to figure this out.
From what i read, the playbox kit does NOT include the battery. Instead, you get a larger SD card, the case, screen, wifi card, and power supply.
Ya does not come with the battery
Comes with
playboy enclosure
Pine64+( u can leave it as 1gb ram or upgrade it to 2gb ram, it's up to you)
Ldc/touch
64gb sd
Power supply

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530 using Tapatalk
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
Right on, I appreciate the help you two!
(02-17-2016, 11:43 AM)jungleismassiv3 Wrote: From what i read, the playbox kit does NOT include the battery. Instead, you get a larger SD card, the case, screen, wifi card, and power supply.

There's this confusing mention on the battery description on backerkit:
Quote:Please do not add to cart if you are out of USA. It will cause shipping to cost $999 if added out of USA 
8000mAH 3.7V Lithium Polymer battery that plugs right into the PINE64 board. Compatible with A64 and A64+
Currently only available to USA for individual boards, and Shipping internationally for IoT, Media Box, and Playbox packages.

So the battery doesn't ship outside of USA except with the packages, including playbox, but you can't add the battery if you're outside of USA because it adds 999$ to shipping cost.

If the battery is not included in the playbox package, then how is it possible to have one shipped with packages without incurring the 999$ fee ?

Also the option to add playbox packages is missing from backerkit though IoT and Mediabox are available.
I ordered the IoT package but want to get the playbox enclosure instead of the normal acrylic or whatever it's supposed to come with. Is it possible to specify which case I want on backer kit? I'm also adding the 7" touchscreen so I want a case that the screen is meant to work with for mounting etc..

Anyone know if this is possible would there be a small up charge for the price difference?
(02-21-2016, 03:57 PM)Chadilac Wrote: I ordered the IoT package but want to get the playbox enclosure instead of the normal acrylic or whatever it's supposed to come with.  Is it possible to specify which case I want on backer kit?  I'm also adding the 7" touchscreen so I want a case that the screen is meant to work with for mounting etc..

Anyone know if this is possible would there be a small up charge for the price difference?
I don't think the current backerkit setup allows to do so.
(02-21-2016, 09:24 PM)tllim Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 03:57 PM)Chadilac Wrote: I ordered the IoT package but want to get the playbox enclosure instead of the normal acrylic or whatever it's supposed to come with.  Is it possible to specify which case I want on backer kit?  I'm also adding the 7" touchscreen so I want a case that the screen is meant to work with for mounting etc..

So I would have to add on the playbox enclosure and recieve it in my shipment?  Or is there any chance of support being able to modify the order on the enclosure?
(02-21-2016, 10:17 PM)Chadilac Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 09:24 PM)tllim Wrote:

So I would have to add on the playbox enclosure and recieve it in my shipment?  Or is there any chance of support being able to modify the order on the enclosure?

I think with the sheer volume of stuff support are having to deal with, individually customising people's Backerkit orders to allow for that kind of thing might not be likely.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EULER bus question... ealbers 10 10,142 05-22-2017, 07:33 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Battery and the PlayBox JoeHz 6 8,412 09-13-2016, 12:18 AM
Last Post: gperez1234
  Install PlayBox Enclosure - pics sarts0703 1 3,016 09-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: jodybrown99
  Backer 12,931 - Shipping Question pspina3rd 13 14,856 07-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Simple Question, has anyone successfully booted a 2Gb Pine? rahlquist 24 31,722 07-12-2016, 11:31 PM
  Backer 11,978; Shipping question GJurriens 3 4,646 07-12-2016, 06:55 PM
  Case question Fosterocalypse 5 5,589 05-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Fosterocalypse