Midori and Chromium (52) Cannot open display
Hi All,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read my issue. I don't have a lot of experience with Debian (some, as I develop in PHP and have setup a PHP server before on Debian).

I have debian installed (pine64-image-debianbase-310102bsp-2) as I'm building big photo screen for in my house. Remix OS takes too long to startup and the program I've written links to my Synology and displays my pictures (and I've written an Android app for my phone to take control over the photo screen). I've developped this over the webbrowser and it works perfectly on any browser.

So I have gotten Debian up and running, Chromium (52) and Midori installed, however when I fire one of them up I get the message: Midori: Cannot open display and with Chromium: Eror: Browser_main _loop.cc(283)] Gtk: Cannot open display:

I've connected the Pine64 (2GB) via HDMI to a screen (Acer computer screen) and login directly on Debian (not over SSH or via a client).

Anyone experienced a simular issue?

Thanks for any help.

Dumees
Does your X server work in general on your image?
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(01-11-2017, 01:10 PM)xalius Wrote: Does your X server work in general on your image?

Well startx doesn't as I get the message command not found. Does that mean it doesn't work?

I have no experience with the X server part so far.

Regards, 

Dumees
(01-11-2017, 01:10 PM)xalius Wrote: Does your X server work in general on your image?

I got X server working (and Midori), however fullscreen mode (via sudo startx midori -e Fullscreen) does not work (starts X server and instantly quits) and if I don't use this parameter it's 1/3 of the screen. It does work in full screen mode if I first do sudo startx and than via the  terminal emulator start Midori (midori -e Fullscreen).

Anyone knows why this happens or has experience with this issue? (switch to the Ubuntu image btw, pine64-image-ubuntubase-31065bsp-longsleep)

Regards,

Dumees

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chromium? Sailing_Nut 63 143,220 05-30-2017, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Gnx
  dose the debian-mate-jessie-lenny.raposo image support lcd display? MicroDiery 1 2,877 06-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Luke