What is an art?
I think despite the fact that typically used to explain something of beauty, or a skill which produces an aesthetic result, there's no clean line in precept among (say) a unique piece of hand-crafted sculpture, and a heavily produced but visually attractive object. we might say that art calls for concept - some kind of creative impulse - however this increases more questions: as an instance, how tons notion is required? If a person flings paint at a canvas, hoping by using this action to create a work of art, does the result robotically represent artwork?
(12-20-2016, 01:03 AM)Jodirhanna Wrote: I think despite the fact that typically used to explain something of beauty, or a skill which produces an aesthetic result, there's no clean line in precept among (say) a unique piece of hand-crafted sculpture, and a heavily produced but visually attractive object. we might say that art calls for concept - some kind of creative impulse - however this increases more questions: as an instance, how tons notion is required? If a person flings paint at a canvas, hoping by using this action to create a work of art, does the result robotically represent artwork?

I reckon Jackson Pollock would argue that it does.
Ah, philosophical spam once again. Great. Indeed Ghost, Pollock and Tarasewicz would disagree.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter