Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained)
Everyone keeps throwing around, "just mount the drive and edit it," No instructions how to do that for non computer/linux guys. I'm just learning linux, let alone android and such. I've written so many images to my card, I've worn out the adapter to make it fit in the big slot. When i open the txt file it's all one long line, but if I open in WordPad it works fine. So it it being corrupted by saving it in WordPad? I even went as far as to find an iso image editor, and edited before it was even put on the card. I have yet to find a single image that will have Audio, LCD, and HDMI work all at the same time. I've swapped cables and power supplies but keep having one issue or another. Getting frustrated but too stubborn to give up....

P.S. The dude with the melon colored screen, it's either a bad hdmi or a bad video setup on your machine. Telnet / SSH / FTP into the device.
How can I install Netflix when it doesn't show up on search results on the Play Store? Do I have to sideload it?

Thanks!
Quote:Everyone keeps throwing around, "just mount the drive and edit it," No instructions how to do that for non computer/linux guys. I'm just learning linux, let alone android and such. I've written so many images to my card, I've worn out the adapter to make it fit in the big slot. When i open the txt file it's all one long line, but if I open in WordPad it works fine. So it it being corrupted by saving it in WordPad? I even went as far as to find an iso image editor, and edited before it was even put on the card. I have yet to find a single image that will have Audio, LCD, and HDMI work all at the same time. I've swapped cables and power supplies but keep having one issue or another. Getting frustrated but too stubborn to give up....

P.S. The dude with the melon colored screen, it's either a bad hdmi or a bad video setup on your machine. Telnet / SSH / FTP into the device.
Download and install on Windows machine Notepad++. Use it to edit the file.
You can't use LCD and HDMI at the same time.

To load Netflix you may have to side load it. I haven't installed it on mine so can't say for sure but if it doesn't show up in play store that is what I would do.

And if you use Windows notepad turn on "wrap around" or "word wrap" in notepad settings.
(02-27-2017, 02:37 PM)Traveler Wrote:
Quote:Everyone keeps throwing around, "just mount the drive and edit it," No instructions how to do that for non computer/linux guys. I'm just learning linux, let alone android and such. I've written so many images to my card, I've worn out the adapter to make it fit in the big slot. When i open the txt file it's all one long line, but if I open in WordPad it works fine. So it it being corrupted by saving it in WordPad? I even went as far as to find an iso image editor, and edited before it was even put on the card. I have yet to find a single image that will have Audio, LCD, and HDMI work all at the same time. I've swapped cables and power supplies but keep having one issue or another. Getting frustrated but too stubborn to give up....

Download and install on Windows machine Notepad++. Use it to edit the file.
You can't use LCD and HDMI at the same time.

To load Netflix you may have to side load it. I haven't installed it on mine so can't say for sure but if it doesn't show up in play store that is what I would do.

And if you use Windows notepad turn on  "wrap around" or  "word wrap" in notepad settings.

I had both running on Android 6.0 but no sound. So I know it can be done. Even switching back and forth would be fine if it's all O can do.
I was always told you couldn't switch back and forth as I had wanted to that so I could use it as a tablet then when needed connect it to the TV. Lack of audio probably has something to do with HDMI audio passthrough since it detected LCD connected. Maybe Auyan will come in a teach us something.

Someone mentioned Netflix. I use Sony Playstation Vue and it requires a non rooted version of Android. All the root cloakers I used did not work. Root Cloak is designed for phone use and would clip off the right side of the APP so I could not see the "+" symbol to add APPS.
Both On at the Same Time!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i used to have android 5.1 on my pine64 2gb, 64gb sd card. and everything worked great (connected to my TV)
so that there was an updated to android 6.0.
i installed Android 6.0 Image (HDMI Video Output) Release 20170112 [ver 2.0.1] from the wiki page
now i have no HDMI sound (used to have it in v5.1).
does anyone have any idea what i can do here? should i flash my sd card back to 5.1?
p/s audio via jack works fine
Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone is kind enough to recompile an android TV 6.0 image to include the following touchpanel driver: https://github.com/dmonad/nwfermi

Happen to have a couple of these in the office and was hoping to get it running with the pine64.

I'm not too familiar with compiling hence the reason for my post.

Thanks!
(02-28-2017, 10:03 PM)simplexdan Wrote: Both On at the Same Time!

simplexdan....can you give me a hand with getting this working on both screens? i can get the lcd working but not the hdmi. What build did you use and di you have to change anything in the boot txt?
(12-04-2016, 07:42 AM)ayufan Wrote: It is not very easy as of now: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...4#pid22984

No, Google Cast will not work as I don't have and will not have encryption certificates.
You can only cast YouTube from Desktop Chrome, this is the only thing that works.
What kind of encryption certificates would you need?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,157 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,526 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,863 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 6,933 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,519 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,291 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 253,763 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,494 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 103,770 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus
  +LTS/SOPINE Android SDK support and Customization biplab777 1 4,605 01-07-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: tllim