Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained)
(12-24-2016, 04:17 AM)ayufan Wrote: xienwolf: in must cases what you are describing is a slow random I/O on SD card.

So I should buy a different SD Card then?   Sounds like something I cannot fix in any way.
Tried the latest version both TV and 1.0.2: jenkins-android-6.0-pine-a64-21. I have the 2 gig ram version runnig it on Sandisk Xtreme 64 and 16 Gb class 10 cards, but all apps have issues with "app-x isn'tresponding. Do you want to close it?" The TV version was much worse than the ordinary one.

Running the Remix OS 5.1.1 does not have this issues, nor running ubuntu 16.04 as a server.

So le me know if more detailed information is interesting to get.

On an other note, its great to see that the Android projects isn't dead! Thanks a lot for your efforts to bring Android to Pine64 :-)

Regards, Joel

EDIT: Also issues with landscape/portray mode, randomly its rotated wrong way and only way to get it back has been to reboot the device.
I have a problem with disp_mode=720p60 and disp_mode=720p50. If I use one of these modes, picture is slightly cut off at all edges. This is true for two different 720p TVs. I also tried connecting another android-tv - works fine. TVs are in "native" mode, no zoom. Am I missing something?
EDIT : Just found out I should edit it prior to inserting the microSD in the pine64.

Original message :
I'm trying to edit /bootloader/uEnv.txt directly from the Pine64 after booting. I want to enable the pine64_lcd.
It tells me
Quote:Error occurred when trying to save the file. It will not be saved.

Do I need to be root/SU to that? If so, how to do it?
Or should I do it from my laptop before inserting the microSD?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS : Setup Wizard crashed so this step was skipped. No idea what it was supposed to do.
Okay, I have things working now and have to figure out Android itself mostly.

Problems I am still having:

1. My keyboard won't work if connected during boot-up. I have to detach and re-attach to get it working. (This doesn't seem to always be the case. Not sure what causes it to fail)

2. The mouse doesn't work to click on anything in the home screen. Works in apps, but not at the main screen. (It appears this is normal for Android TV)

3. Cannot get Bluetooth to connect to any of my game controllers. It will show them on occasion in the Bluetooth connection screen, but says it failed to pair. Sometimes it will advance to asking for a PIN, but it never goes past that point. (Finally got them all to connect. Hope they retain connection when I power back up later)
Hi, Mr. ayufan, 
I cannot work 3G modem in android 6 but It was working with 5. Can you help?
I could not work with 3G modem and with ethernet. Can you help please ?
Have everything working except one thing now!

How do I get audio out through the HDMI connection? My TV doesn't have any audio in jack!

EDIT: Well, now everything works. Not sure if it was the specific app I was using or what, but suddenly I do have sound. Never found a setting to tweak which should have done it, but I certainly have sound now.
(01-05-2017, 08:50 PM)xienwolf Wrote: Have everything working except one thing now!

How do I get audio out through the HDMI connection?  My TV doesn't have any audio in jack!

EDIT:  Well, now everything works.  Not sure if it was the specific app I was using or what, but suddenly I do have sound.  Never found a setting to tweak which should have done it, but I certainly have sound now.

Because this Distro does not run either Netflix or Amazon Prime it is in my opinion worthless.
(01-07-2017, 01:14 PM)Punkyclown Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 08:50 PM)xienwolf Wrote: Have everything working except one thing now!

How do I get audio out through the HDMI connection?  My TV doesn't have any audio in jack!

EDIT:  Well, now everything works.  Not sure if it was the specific app I was using or what, but suddenly I do have sound.  Never found a setting to tweak which should have done it, but I certainly have sound now.

Because this Distro does not run either Netflix or Amazon Prime it is in my opinion worthless.

False claims my friend.
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,145 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,516 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,861 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 6,930 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,516 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,289 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 253,686 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,492 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 103,751 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus
  +LTS/SOPINE Android SDK support and Customization biplab777 1 4,599 01-07-2019, 01:21 AM
Last Post: tllim