Seamlessly Looping 4K Video Player
I have a Raspberry Pi running the Adafruit video looper (https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi-...r/overview).  It does exactly what I need, but cannot play 4K video.  I just picked up a maxxed out Pine 64 hoping to make a video looper capable of seemlessly looping 4k video.

I searched the forum and didn't find anything helpful.

Anyone have any helpful information?
as best as i understand the current development, pine64 can not do 4k either. however there may be a specific configuration that might allow it. it mostly depends on a driver that is not widely available.
(11-20-2016, 01:03 PM)Twelvizm Wrote: I have a Raspberry Pi running the Adafruit video looper (https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi-...r/overview).  It does exactly what I need, but cannot play 4K video.  I just picked up a maxxed out Pine 64 hoping to make a video looper capable of seemlessly looping 4k video.

I also don't have any 4K experience (due to lack of 4K displays Wink ),  but AFAIK, the Armbian distro should support 4K out of the box - although it is probably the beta image you want at the moment since you'd want the desktop environment. It should be a simple matter of editing uEnvt.txt or armbianEnv.txt with your desired resolution settings. Give it a try, and if you get stuck, give a holler on their forum as they're friendly folk over there, and will guide you through or fix up any issues where practical.
(11-20-2016, 06:47 PM)pfeerick Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 01:03 PM)Twelvizm Wrote: I have a Raspberry Pi running the Adafruit video looper (https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi-...r/overview).  It does exactly what I need, but cannot play 4K video.  I just picked up a maxxed out Pine 64 hoping to make a video looper capable of seemlessly looping 4k video.

I also don't have any 4K experience (due to lack of 4K displays Wink ),  but AFAIK, the Armbian distro should support 4K out of the box - although it is probably the beta image you want at the moment since you'd want the desktop environment. It should be a simple matter of editing uEnvt.txt or armbianEnv.txt with your desired resolution settings. Give it a try, and if you get stuck, give a holler on their forum as they're friendly folk over there, and will guide you through or fix up any issues where practical.

@Twelvizm- were you able to find a solution?  looking for seamless loop of 4k options as well.
(11-27-2016, 02:15 PM)rholb Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 06:47 PM)pfeerick Wrote:

@Twelvizm- were you able to find a solution?  looking for seamless loop of 4k options as well.

No luck yet.  I'm still poking around trying to find any solution that works.  I love my Raspberry Pi looping player, easiest video player to use, brainless really.  Just need more resolution as all my work is delivered in 4K.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video Chat with Pine64 mathiraj 0 2,470 07-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: mathiraj
  Media Player setup clobeca 1 3,430 07-14-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  A video on armdevices.net ... umiddelb 3 5,417 09-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Utter disappointment makes Pine64 Useless as Media player papsnoek 11 14,375 08-09-2016, 04:58 AM
Last Post: papsnoek
  4K HDMI video output medapeta 3 6,605 06-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: shinobi
  1080p @24p video playback dim69 8 11,733 01-15-2016, 10:56 AM
Last Post: tllim