Gaming Compatibility
(06-07-2016, 12:42 AM)Tarjei85 Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:20 AM)munchken Wrote: What started out as just a test to see if n64 would work, turned out to be over 3 hours of reliving my childhood. Can confirm that Diddy Kong Racing works pretty well. I'd say a 7.5/10. A little stuttering from time to time, but definitely playable after fiddling around a while in the settings!

Tested on Pine A64 2GB, Mupen64Plus AE, with bluetooth Dualshock 3 via SixAxis.
Used android-rooted-ver5.1.1-20160505-pine64-16GB on my Kingston 16GB. I know this card is very slow, so that means my Samsung Evo 32 should play even better! Again, this was supposed to just be a "test." Waiting for a rooted Remix OS image for my Samsung...

[Image: diddy.jpg]

That sounds good Smile great to see others testing and posting results here. Is it ok if I borrow your findings to put on my blog? (Credited to you)

And to everybody; Sorry for the lack of updates on the P64GC blog.
It has been a tough week after a tragic accident at work on May 31.  Sad
I will soon start posting new findings on the blog. Just have to get completely back on my feet first Wink

Ya I'd be happy to help contribute to your list! I'm thinking of "testing" a few more games within the next few weeks. Games that come in mind include Super Smash Bros, Ocarina of Time, Army Men. Any requests guys? Don't make me do Mario Cart please. Diddy so much better! I really need to control myself or else I'll end up playing for hours again...
(06-07-2016, 12:42 AM)Tarjei85 Wrote: And to everybody; Sorry for the lack of updates on the P64GC blog.
I will soon start posting new findings on the blog. Just have to get completely back on my feet first Wink

Sorry to hear that you hurt your feet, and wish you recover soon.
.. TL
(06-07-2016, 05:57 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:42 AM)Tarjei85 Wrote: And to everybody; Sorry for the lack of updates on the P64GC blog.

.. TL

Thank you tllim.
To be honest it was more a figure of speach than me actually hurting my feet. I ended with a deep mental scar instead.

To make a long story short: I'm a traindriver, and last week a guy decided he didn't want to live anymore, and ufortunately he chose my train to jump in front of.
But that said, I'm slowly recovering and assume I'll be back in shape really soon.
(06-07-2016, 10:04 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 05:57 PM)tllim Wrote:

.. TL

Thank you tllim.
To be honest it was more a figure of speach than me actually hurting my feet. I ended with a deep mental scar instead.

To make a long story short: I'm a traindriver, and last week a guy decided he didn't want to live anymore, and ufortunately he chose my train to jump in front of.
But that said, I'm slowly recovering and assume I'll be back in shape really soon.

Sorry to know about the incident.
Hi. I have now come up with a new design for the test results posted on my blog.
I think I have made it easier to read as its a bit more structure in the reviews.

Any feedback is welcome  Wink

This is a demo-post I made. Minecraft is already tested and posted earlier.
[Image: demo.png]

Here is another design I'm trying (still just a demo-graphic).
[Image: demo2.png]

And yet another design......
[Image: demo3.png]

even more.....
[Image: demo4.png]

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!  Cool Big Grin
Tarjei, that is very sad to hear. Good luck on getting back to it, that must be difficult.

Also, appreciate all the work you're putting into the gaming focus. I like the 2nd and 4th designs. Also, if I can suggest a modification to try, I feel like you need to make the controller image bigger to fill more of the circle (maybe double or triple the image size), and with the 4th design, maybe remove the little circles in the color areas, so it's just a solid color for the whole thing. If you try and don't like, no problem, just my thoughts.

TL, your comment about hurt feet made me smile.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
Get better soon mate Sad
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-08-2016, 06:14 AM)montero65 Wrote: Tarjei, that is very sad to hear.  Good luck on getting back to it, that must be difficult.

Also, appreciate all the work you're putting into the gaming focus.  I like the 2nd and 4th designs.  Also, if I can suggest a modification to try, I feel like you need to make the controller image bigger to fill more of the circle (maybe double or triple the image size), and with the 4th design, maybe remove the little circles in the color areas, so it's just a solid color for the whole thing.  If you try and don't like, no problem, just my thoughts.

Here is a quick fix as you suggested Wink

Thank you all for the support Smile
Looks good! You could also apply the larger controller icon to the other options and see what you think. I like this new design, but hopefully others will give you some feedback, too.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
(06-08-2016, 06:14 AM)montero65 Wrote: Tarjei, that is very sad to hear.  Good luck on getting back to it, that must be difficult.

Also, appreciate all the work you're putting into the gaming focus.  I like the 2nd and 4th designs.  Also, if I can suggest a modification to try, I feel like you need to make the controller image bigger to fill more of the circle (maybe double or triple the image size), and with the 4th design, maybe remove the little circles in the color areas, so it's just a solid color for the whole thing.  If you try and don't like, no problem, just my thoughts.

Big Grin ... TL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android Gaming Image KryPtAlIvIaN 50 75,186 08-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: JessieCopeland
  Welcome to the gaming portion of the forum! KryPtAlIvIaN 4 9,016 05-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Plans for gaming? JessicaAlba 6 11,735 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: taros