linux mint
Bonjour,
peut-on faire tourner sur le pine64 une distribution linux mint ???
merci
gil Huh Huh
A mint distribution for PineA64 should be possible; absolutely.

Une distribution de menthe pour PineA64 devrait être possible; absolument.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
@marcushh777  Wink

Running Mint18 on my main computer... If it's also installing/running fine on Pine64... Would be nice to know  Rolleyes
Installing the Cinnamon desktop on my Debian install had some performance issues, but MATE should do just fine.
Yea, think that Cinnamon is a no-go; krux tried it a while back, and ran into problems. But I think that using mint with mate desktop shouldn't be a problem.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(10-21-2016, 09:21 AM)Luke Wrote: Yea, think that Cinnamon is a no-go; krux tried it a while back, and ran into problems. But I think that using mint with mate desktop shouldn't be a problem.

yeah, the issue is that Cinnamon is going to require hardware acceleration; which is a no-show on linux.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Question 
So... is anyone runnning mint on his/her Pine64?
cr2016, I am currently away. But I can try and make a mint img with the mate desktop when I get back (mostly for myself). But why not just use ubuntu ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Using Mint on two PCs... I suppose having the same interface on pine64 too would be... convenient ;-)

But the main point is for everybody to have one more choice when deciding what to use/install.
In Intel-Land, I've come to prefer Mint to Ubuntu. I've also had an easier time installing Steam on Mint. I think it uses older Debian libraries than Ubuntu.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  +LTS/SOPINE Compilation procedure for U-Boot and Linux for pineA64 LTS. danpurprakash@gmail.com 1 4,093 06-05-2019, 11:50 PM
Last Post: igorp
  Pine Board using linux stuck during boot sequence ktaragorn 0 2,757 03-23-2019, 04:06 AM
Last Post: ktaragorn
  USB Wireless Drivers with Longsleep Linux Kernel jacobscarter 15 24,497 03-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Mali driver on linux? jamiechang917 8 11,223 03-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Brian Beuken