ZJ080NA-08A and pine64
Hi,

I would like to ZJ080NA-08A with pine64, I havent ordered yet but I am planning to order one this week or next week according to your feedbacks. The lcd have same resolution and same aspect ratio as default pine64 lcd. Do you think can I drive it with pine64? What about the capacitive touch screen on it? I couldnt find any specs about ctp.

Thanks.

Datasheet: http://www.vslcd.com/Specification/ZJ080NA-08A.pdf
Specs overview: http://www.panelook.com/ZJ080NA-08A_Inno...17696.html
I would in the first instance have to say no.

It would probably be possible to get any LCD display working with the pine64 depending on how much effort you're willing to put into it, but unless it is the display that the pine64 guys have specifically modelled the pine64 board around, it will require a lot of work, probably need adapter boards and ribbons, and in the end be more time consuming and expensive than simply using the stock display. This is not like your normal computer monitor or TV where you can just plug in a DVI to HDMI adapter, there are all sort of pinouts, interface protocols and probably even voltage differences.
(10-06-2016, 04:14 AM)pfeerick Wrote: I would in the first instance have to say no.

It would probably be possible to get any LCD display working with the pine64 depending on how much effort you're willing to put into it, but unless it is the display that the pine64 guys have specifically modelled the pine64 board around, it will require a lot of work, probably need adapter boards and ribbons, and in the end be more time consuming and expensive than simply using the stock display. This is not like your normal computer monitor or TV where you can just plug in a DVI to HDMI adapter, there are all sort of pinouts, interface protocols and probably even voltage differences.

Hi,

I see but I specifically need 8inch capacitive display. In the datasheet there are timings and pinouts. The ribon cable I can find it somehow, and I can design an adapter for the ribon cable too.

I used once lvds display before with patching the kernel. However I dont know how is the procedure to configure gpu to use lvds. There are not so much information on internet. 

Anyway I am willing to try even if I spend time on it, It is good to learn something specific. Thats why most of use here.

Thanks.
(10-06-2016, 04:32 AM)mbt28 Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 04:14 AM)pfeerick Wrote: I would in the first instance have to say no.

Hi,

I see but I specifically need 8inch capacitive display. In the datasheet there are timings and pinouts. The ribon cable I can find it somehow, and I can design an adapter for the ribon cable too.

I used once lvds display before with patching the kernel. However I dont know how is the procedure to configure gpu to use lvds. There are not so much information on internet. 

Anyway I am willing to try even if I spend time on it, It is good to learn something specific. Thats why most of use here.

Thanks.

Please note that Pine64 using the modern MiPi interface which use less pin and higher resolution, not the LVDS.
Yes, actually I missed that point. Only way to use lvds I think using mipi2lvds converters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine64 and Nexdoc mcf 11 18,711 12-05-2017, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Pander
  Mounting RPI3 "hats" on Pine64 gczuczy 5 9,676 07-30-2017, 10:29 AM
Last Post: KnReLe
  Analog Amplifier for Pine64 mbt28 2 4,950 02-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Last Post: mbt28
  Euler bus/Pi2 bus on Pine64 xxvolwarexx 1 5,722 10-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Adafruit 16x2 LCD doesn't turn on with Pine64 mypineme 13 16,012 08-27-2016, 02:41 AM
Last Post: mypineme
Exclamation Pine64+ not starting (never) Alex89cgn 1 3,332 08-15-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Pine64 Eagle LBR openhardwarecoza 3 5,659 08-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Last Post: xalius