Stepping out on a limb here...
(09-29-2016, 03:32 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: Why is Pine64+ such a great "fumante secchio di merda di cane"?

It really is a "pezzo di merda"...  Just when I get everything going the way I want - the F--KING hardware lets me down...

This minor rebuke is public because you have failed to adhere to previous requests to keep your posts clean;  no one wants to read your filthy metaphors ( even if they are cloaked in Italian ). Please be considerate of our members sensitivities ; its ok to be critical of Pine Inc, and their products, but its not ok to be verbally abusive. Please edit your own post above; I will edit mine when you are finished.

(09-29-2016, 03:32 AM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: Now it HARDLY ever powers on - the power LED will come on then it will go off...   

<snip>

If you hadn't guessed yet - I have a love/hate (mostly passionate HATRED) relationship with my Pine boards!

You are not powering your pine boards properly; consequently, you are having an enormouse amount of difficulty. You might try powering the pine board from the euler bus pin(4 5v+) and pin(6 ground -) with a good 5.1v 2.5A  ( 2500ma ) switching power supply.  The DCIN subformum recommends a couple PSU(s) which are acceptable. You might also try filtering your power DCIN input; the DCIN subforum details how.

If the red light goes out this is an indication that the PMIC is not supplying the proper voltage ( or clean voltage ) to the GPU. This is almost always the result of not powering the pine board with an adequate supply via the euler bus.  The micro usb adapter is not sufficient to power the pine board;  this has been proven over and over... if you continue to try to power the pine board with the usb connector or via your lapdoc, you will continue to have trouble.  If you power the board properly, your troubles will subside.

Please see:

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1982

http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=1981
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
Stepping out on a limb here... - by UnixOutlaw - 09-29-2016, 03:32 AM
RE: Stepping out on a limb here... - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-29-2016, 04:08 AM
RE: Stepping out on a limb here... - by pfeerick - 09-29-2016, 05:17 AM