Received my Z-Wave chip & Enclosure - Surely I'm doing something wrong here...
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've decided just to forego the zwave module for now, and continue using my Z-Stick. Likewise, I've moved to using DietPi with Home Assistant, instead of OpenHAB, and HA has been working great so far on the Pine. I will wait for the official solution from Pine regarding the module, which I'm guessing will end up being a ribbon cable since that would be the easiest/cheapest option. Not as pretty, but oh well.

(09-19-2016, 07:38 PM)pfeerick Wrote: btw, you may find it it handy to drill some small holes (paper-clip wire sized) in the sides of the case before you close it, where the release catches latch, so you can easily open the case again later by simply inserting the paperclip (or other) wire and pressing the latches in to release them.

This is a fantastic tip. I've had to remove the lid 3 times so far, and I feel I am going to break one of the clips any time now. Next time I open it, I will drill some small holes like this.

Thanks again all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Received my Z-Wave chip & Enclosure - Surely I'm doing something wrong here... - by tycoonbob - 09-20-2016, 12:14 PM