After update - won't power up with HDMI connected
(09-09-2016, 01:14 AM)dkryder Wrote: it's obvious there is some kind of conflict between the lapdock and pine64 but imo it is jumping to conclusions to say that the conflict is due to some fault of the pine64. most lapdocks are proprietary in nature in that they are designed for specific phones or series of phones. to offer any suggestions i would have to know more about the lapdock, how it is connected and info on what it was built to do with as many details/specifics as possible since the term lapdock can reference so many things. even if you are just plugging into an hdmi port, some ports are designed to offer services beyond just a standard hdmi signal or designed to be expecting signals the pine64 is not offering.

It worked almost perfectly (wrong resolution, 1280x720 - but it was usable) before the update - and it still works perfectly with my Banana PI and my NTC CHIP SBCs (both of which sync to the correct resolution of 1366x768).  Also - the power shutoff when I try to power it up connected to the lapdock is worrying.

Basically - it's a Motorola Atrix Lapdock (the "most" compatible model) - connected via HDMI and USB....  USB for the keyboard, HDMI for the display...

Anyway - I don't have my serial/UART dongle with me here at work - and I don't know if it's getting as far as WiFi - so I cannot connect to it to see what's going on - will have a look when I get home from work tonight - both UART and ethernet (I know what IP address it gets on my home LAN).

Messages In This Thread
RE: After update - won't power up with HDMI connected - by UnixOutlaw - 09-09-2016, 01:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian installer on Pine A64+ but no hdmi mrwick 1 4,885 07-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  root running from usb connected ssd locks up system marcelser 0 2,498 11-17-2017, 04:50 PM
Last Post: marcelser
  NIC not visible after kernel update xleon 1 3,122 11-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: xleon
  For those with HDMI issues, till we get a fix Xrdp works rahlquist 0 2,457 04-10-2016, 12:45 AM
Last Post: rahlquist