Packet loss on lan port
I have a pine64 + 2G that pulls ~20% packet loss regardless of the OS.  This makes it impossible to run updates or even browse the web. Its sister board that I revived at the same time works perfectly with the same SD cards inserted.  Is there something I can do to fix this?
(09-06-2016, 03:50 AM)Hiren Wrote: I have a pine64 + 2G that pulls ~20% packet loss regardless of the OS.  This makes it impossible to run updates or even browse the web. Its sister board that I revived at the same time works perfectly with the same SD cards inserted.  Is there something I can do to fix this?

That depends, please post your setup info...  ethernet (y/n) gigabit switch (y/n) 

If your boards are plugged into a GbE switch, then force the board that isn't working into 100mb/s.

You can do that by using the ethtool, or modifying your eth cable. Otherwise, you may have a defective board.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Mark,

Its been tested across two boards. In multiple setups.

Gigabit Switch and 10/100 switch. cat 5, cat5e, as well as cat 6.

I have tested each setup with my working board by swapping cables and SD card so the entire setup is similar minus the few inches for physical separation.
You can force 10/100 for the board that does not work, with the gigabit switch, by doing one of two things:

1) sudo ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off speed 100 duplex full

2) modify your eth cable by cutting (and removing) the blue and brown pairs, which creates a four wire 2 pair cable (green and orange 1 2 3 & 6) which will fall into 100mb/s by default; what people around here are calling the 'hackafix'. (I think that is funny)

I doubt seriously that your board is dropping packets on the 10/100 switch; not getting those reports from anyone else. You may have a seriously defective board. Obviously there is a soldering problem on these boards, and obviously many gigabit boards are not functioning anywhere near 1000mb/s. Your board may be even worse; although, I have not seen that yet (yours would be the first reported).
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-06-2016, 07:50 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: 1) sudo ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off speed 100 duplex full
 It looks like this got it.

I thought I had tried this before I emailed support 3 month ago then shelved the unit.  Looks like ill be able to start building my playbox enclosure this evening.  I'll just have to remember this in the event I ever decide to take it off wireless.

Thank you so much.

Cheers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Enable Mic on 3.5 jack port saro 14 37,073 03-29-2017, 02:06 AM
Last Post: saro
  WiFi Packet Loss and Slow Speed PineA64 Debian 8 Stymied 2 5,485 03-26-2017, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Stymied