Z-Wave module pinout to make it compatible with Pi b+
(09-29-2016, 12:28 AM)Yomet Wrote: @MarkHaysHarris777: My soldering skills are NOT up to par for desoldering and re-soldering components to a PCB, and I assume that most people here are in the same boat, and even if my skills were good enough for that I did not buy a kit but a finished product. If someone wants to start taking apart and reassembling the components then it should be by choice but it should not be necessary.

hi Yomet,  your expenditure falls into one of two camps: 1) you supported the kick-starter, if which case you purchased nothing, but infact invested in Pine Inc as a startup, the rewards for which were "kit components" but certainly not a finished product,  or 2) you purchased "components" from the Pine Store amounting to unassembled "kit components" but again certainly not a finished product.  This is simply an undisputed fact.

In any case , clearly these "components" were never tested together and no promises were made ( that I can find ) that gaurantee that all of these components will actually "go together" as a finished "kit" let alone a formal polished product.

In fact , over-zealous martketing aside , the PineA64 board and accessories amounts to a very sophisticated highly flexible and very powerful hardware and software development platform similar to ( but better than ) the Raspberry PI and|or several other SoC(s) in SBC format.  I'm not arguing against you, mind you, I'm just playing the advocate here; since you addressed me-- my role as a programmer, analyst, and engineer is to help people make the most of this platform as it is; not necessarily as it 'ought' to be. 

Two of my boards are now cased ( my own design ) and being used for a variety of development scenarios ( hardware and software ). One of my boards is still laying all over my desktop as fully functional development "guts" , lit up like a Christmas tree , and satisfying also a wide variety of hardware and software developmental | experimental | features;  It will be some time before its designated purpose on my sailing boat are fully realized.

I have been a member of the DIY and Maker communities for many years and I have been active on the Internet to help other DIY Makers make the best use of their soldering and programming skills ( at whatever skill level ).  My comments should be taken in that vein. I am not as concerned with what these products were designed to do, but rather what I can do with them... I have designed my own fixtures, and I have designed my own software ; I am willing to help you make the most of what you have in front of you , but I am not arguing at all for what 'ought' to be , nor for what ethically or morally is 'right' or 'correct' in this context. 

As a side-bar , I consider soldering ( as also programming ) to be a life skill that people in the 21st century should know and practice;  I realize that not everyone will agree.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Z-Wave module pinout to make it compatible with Pi b+ - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 09-29-2016, 01:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Z-Wave and openzwave+node-openzwave-shared saro 2 6,341 09-01-2017, 05:22 AM
Last Post: saro
  Z-Wave - Full and Low Power Inclusion mode B34N 1 4,293 03-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: B34N
  What cameras are compatible with that ribbon connector? nayrenitnatsnoc 1 3,894 02-18-2017, 11:50 PM
Last Post: dkryder
  KICAD Quick Lib and Module Generator mbt28 1 4,711 02-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Z Wave Module and still using GPIO bang 2 5,821 01-16-2017, 03:12 AM
Last Post: bang
  Z-Wave US module with adapter aegrotatio 4 7,309 01-08-2017, 12:03 AM
Last Post: aegrotatio
  RaZberry Module (z-wave) need support to get it working! Luxus 13 19,120 11-03-2016, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Luxus
  Z-Wave module problem vintagewaffle 0 2,363 10-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Last Post: vintagewaffle
  Raspberry Pi and Arduino accessories compatible? Krowyn 6 10,734 10-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: rohan
Video Australia/New Zealand Z-Wave module Jnimmo 46 54,752 10-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Last Post: tllim