Settings and apps not saved
Sorry if this question has been answered already, I searched but couldn't find a thread of faq.

I have got everything running on the LCD 7 inch screen, pine64 working perfectly. Three things:

- settings or apps are not saved: each time I need to set my Play store account, wifi etc etc. Is there a fix for this?
- my screen is not filling the LCD screen entirely. What causes this?
- I have no sound, or is that normal with the LCD version?

Thanks for you ideas!
(09-03-2016, 01:18 AM)sanverm Wrote: Sorry if this question has been answered already, I searched but couldn't find a thread of faq.

I have got everything running on the LCD 7 inch screen, pine64 working perfectly. Three things:

- settings or apps are not saved: each time I need to set my Play store account, wifi etc etc. Is there a fix for this?
- my screen is not filling the LCD screen entirely. What causes this?
- I have no sound, or is that normal with the LCD version?

Thanks for you ideas!

hi, you will need to solder the power switch in place, and solder the reset switch in place.

... do not just remove the power from the unit. After you make changes, and save them, remove power with a shutdown , from the power button;  not a click, but a long press and 'hold'.  That will bring up the power off dialogue/ your settings will then be persistent.

In display settings you can set the default resolution. Try that. 

There is no sound in the default Android image <sorry>. Also, there are no sensors, and the screen is locked into landscape mode only.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Thanks! I will try this.

So a "power off"-button in the form of an widget/app does not work? Pressing the physical button is necessary?
(09-12-2016, 12:04 AM)sanverm Wrote: Thanks!  I will try this.

So a "power off"-button in the form of an widget/app does not work? Pressing the physical button is necessary?

Please don't misunderstand me; without a 'widget' yes the power button is necessary.  Any app that will trigger the power-off dialogue pullup will work fine. This is not something most users are going to be able to do... but any Android app developer will be able to do this easily.

I recommend strongly soldering the power button to the pcb.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto-starting apps? Green Cherry 4 6,505 08-01-2017, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Green Cherry
  Do apps run in the background at boot up? Penfold 3 4,567 03-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Last Post: mporeh
  Can't download apps off Google Play! Bacon Strips 6 8,381 08-31-2016, 12:26 PM
Last Post: DonFL
  API for controlling GPIO pins from Android apps Ghost 5 10,009 02-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: tllim