DVR, OBDII Loger and more for my car
Hi all,
I've started working on a new project with PINE64 for my car. Here is the list of futures that I'm thinking to implement so far:

1. OBDII logging
  • Speed
  • RPM
  • Boost
  • Trable Codes
  • MPG
    2. DVR
  • Front Camera
  • Rear Camera
    3. Security
  • Motion ditaction
  • Door Trigger
  • Shock sensor
  • Sound Trigger
     4. Random stuff
  • Crack the windows when its hot in the car
  • Close the windows when its raining
  • turn on lights when dark and my phone near by (maybe)
     5. Web Portal wit APIs (Not on the P64, but on a VPS)
  • Log OBDII data
  • Create reports
  • Track spending (Oil changes, parts etc...)
Also, P64 will call the API on the web server over the VPN and log all of this data in to MySQL server and create beautiful graphs on the "Portal" so I can access it later and when I park my car in the garage it will dump all the recorded AV from P64 DVR to the NAS.

When a check engine light comes on, I will receive an email with the trouble code.
When security is triggered, I will receive an email with some pictures.

Here is (approximately) how the "Portal" would look like (this is a portal that I wrote for personal bookkeeping):

[Image: img6.png]
Technologies will be used:
  • Car (in my case, Porsche 987)
  • Pine64 (with some sensors, cameras, and 4G card)
  • OBDII Bluetooth adapter (ELM327)
  • Python3 (on Pine64)
  • php7 (on the webserver)
  • CentOS 7 (Webserver and Pine64)
There is a lot of more things that can be done. If you have good ideas or if you would like to join me on this project, let me know.
I love it !

... I love your automobile !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
I messed with an ODB2 Adapter with aurduino and had it working.  The project is pushed to the back right now but it's something I'd love to do.  Here's my wish list.

- LCD or a few with real time info.  speed, rpm etc. these could be fully modded.
- obd2 logging and remote viewing.
- run odb2 testing, get fault codes, more infor on them and the ability to clear.
- GPS .. offline maps?

also as we're talking about the power of a pine64.  so I'd love an entertainment type system, usb/sd/bt playback of audio video.

Let me know if you're interested in collaborating.

Aaron