LCD Panel not working at all
Hi,

just received my playbox enclosure and I'm now having my complete playbox kit at home.
The board - works (at least HDMI)
on/off button soldered - works
WiFi/BT Module - works
enclosure - perfect fit

But the LCD Panel doesn't switch on. I've tried and checked the ribbon and connectors about a dozen times. The cable fits and is perfectly aligned, so all pins should be aligned correctly. Sadly: No glitching, no flashing, just plain black display and the touch panel isn't working either.

Could it be DOA  Huh

Cry Cry Cry 

Kind regards

treize
(09-01-2016, 04:23 PM)treize Wrote: Hi,

just received my playbox enclosure and I'm now having my complete playbox kit at home.
The board - works (at least HDMI)
on/off button soldered - works
WiFi/BT Module - works
enclosure - perfect fit

But the LCD Panel doesn't switch on. I've tried and checked the ribbon and connectors about a dozen times. The cable fits and is perfectly aligned, so all pins should be aligned correctly. Sadly: No glitching, no flashing, just plain black display and the touch panel isn't working either.

Could it be DOA  Huh

Cry Cry Cry 

Kind regards

treize

Did you try using the specific Android OS download for the LCD touchscreen? There is an Android OS image meant for HDMI, and another meant for the LCD touchscreen. Two different images.
I updated the original Pine 64GB SD card to the latest android version (auto update from within android).
Haven't tried to reformat the card, yet. I've expected the correct image came with the Pine SD card.
(09-01-2016, 05:17 PM)treize Wrote: I updated the original Pine 64GB SD card to the latest android version (auto update from within android).
Haven't tried to reformat the card, yet. I've expected the correct image came with the Pine SD card.

That's what I thought as well. But I had to load the LCD specific image to the SD before it would work. This is also specific to your SD card size (64GB)
https://www.pine64.pro/download.php?opti...ptionid=58
Had to delete the partitions on sd card and write the image from my linux. Windows sucks at this... drive management kept freezing windows.
The first boot took aeons, ok... not that long .. but it felt like...
I forced a reboot after 1 hour of staring at the Pine A64 boot screen.
Second boot just went quick through the boot process and displayed the android screen. Touch panel is working, too.

Woohoo! It's working like a charm now!

Thanks for the hint! Didn't expect that, but hey:
It's a kickstarter project, I guess we should expect this or that not working at once :-D
Nonetheless: Great Project !

Going to play now....
(09-04-2016, 08:41 AM)treize Wrote: Had to delete the partitions on sd card and write the image from my linux. Windows sucks at this... drive management kept freezing windows.
The first boot took aeons, ok... not that long .. but it felt like...
I forced a reboot after 1 hour of staring at the Pine A64 boot screen.
Second boot just went quick through the boot process and displayed the android screen. Touch panel is working, too.

Woohoo! It's working like a charm now!

Thanks for the hint! Didn't expect that, but hey:
It's a kickstarter project, I guess we should expect this or that not working at once :-D
Nonetheless: Great Project !

Going to play now....

Did you write the LCD image to the original Pine 64GB SD card without deleting the HDMI image? 
(09-18-2016, 07:53 PM)billjon Wrote: Did you write the LCD image to the original Pine 64GB SD card without deleting the HDMI image? 
Not sure if I correctly understand your question.
dd rewrites all sectors, so I guess it's like deleting the old image.
(09-18-2016, 08:52 PM)treize Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 07:53 PM)billjon Wrote: Did you write the LCD image to the original Pine 64GB SD card without deleting the HDMI image? 
Not sure if I correctly understand your question.
dd rewrites all sectors, so I guess it's like deleting the old image.

Thanks treize.  You have answered my question.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 inch LCD touch panel is upside down? joshpl 2 1,602 12-07-2023, 06:18 AM
Last Post: stormwyrm
  LCD panel Driver IC MIPIguy 1 3,260 08-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: tllim
  I2C Touch Panel mbt28 0 2,087 06-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Last Post: mbt28
  LCD touch panel emits low power Naccies 4 6,151 01-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Lcd panel's pixels are not square bokeer 0 1,878 11-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bokeer
  LCD Panel Connected but does not work maipercaso 1 2,950 08-20-2016, 08:14 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Photo Running Out Of Options LCD Panel Just Not Working AUDIOTEK 4 4,948 07-27-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: AUDIOTEK
  LCD Pannel working... Touch screen NOT working?? Why Chopshop13 3 4,998 06-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: PapaStahl
  LCD not working talvor 1 3,003 06-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Luke
  LCD Panel MikeJewski 1 3,433 02-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Ghost