Oh comeon!
Backer number 18,496. I have gotten a faulty device. Got the Touch Screen with dead pixels and Pine64 on a bootloop. Tried every image on website and ends up the same. Is this what i paid for?? Seriously guys...
(08-30-2016, 01:47 PM)cyphergenetics Wrote: Backer number 18,496. I have gotten a faulty device. Got the Touch Screen with dead pixels and Pine64 on a bootloop. Tried every image on website and ends up the same. Is this what i paid for?? Seriously guys...

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I take it you've tried to contact support? 

https://support.pine64.org

The boot loop issue we can probably solve. Dead pixels, we cannot.
(08-30-2016, 02:39 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 01:47 PM)cyphergenetics Wrote: Backer number 18,496. I have gotten a faulty device. Got the Touch Screen with dead pixels and Pine64 on a bootloop. Tried every image on website and ends up the same. Is this what i paid for?? Seriously guys...

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I take it you've tried to contact support? 

https://support.pine64.org

The boot loop issue we can probably solve. Dead pixels, we cannot.

It is useless now. The board can't even be turned on. I tried contacting on kickstarter like a month ago without any replies and now i'm just lazy. Gonna just fill a chargeback form through the bank and have it refunded. I've wasted too much energy on Pine64 as it is already
(09-03-2016, 05:56 PM)cyphergenetics Wrote: It is useless now. The board can't even be turned on. I tried contacting on kickstarter like a month ago without any replies and now i'm just lazy. Gonna just fill a chargeback form through the bank and have it refunded. I've wasted too much energy on Pine64 as it is already

Before your write it off completely, can we get some better idea as to what you ARE doing, just in case it's something simple to fix... or so at least we find out what is wrong? There are some DOA boards, and some rough edges, but it should be possible to get it working without too much issue (baring DOA, obviously!)

Things like:
1) How are your powering it?
2) How are you turning it on? connecting the power or using the button.?
3) how are you writing the disk images? - and where have you been getting them from? (
6) What is it doing?

Otherwise we're just stabbing in the dark, and might miss the issue completely?
(09-03-2016, 05:56 PM)cyphergenetics Wrote: It is useless now. The board can't even be turned on. I tried contacting on kickstarter like a month ago without any replies and now i'm just lazy. Gonna just fill a chargeback form through the bank and have it refunded. I've wasted too much energy on Pine64 as it is already

In addition to what pfeerick has said, I would like to help you too;  and the best way to do that is live on the irc chat room; see below.

We can walk you through some things and perhaps yet you going; barring DOA of course.  My experience is that most ( 99.9 % ) of DOA instances are in-fact not dead !  We can help you, and we like doing that to !

Shy
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
there was a thread a while back about the wifi module being bad and causing loops. without module, booted fine. with module, bootloop. if you have a wifi module plugged in try a boot with no wifi module , see what happens there.
(09-04-2016, 02:04 AM)dkryder Wrote: there was a thread a while back about the wifi module being bad and causing loops. without module, booted fine. with module, bootloop. if you have a wifi module plugged in try a boot with no wifi module , see what happens there.

That is correct... and it has to do with the blue tooth specifically. Often when my bluetooth causes the bootup to loop, simply pressing the reset button once corrects it... on cycle it then comes up the next time through.
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(09-04-2016, 02:04 AM)dkryder Wrote: there was a thread a while back about the wifi module being bad and causing loops. without module, booted fine. with module, bootloop. if you have a wifi module plugged in try a boot with no wifi module , see what happens there.

Tried both ways, with without wifi module. Mine is the PINE A64+ 2GB. Even tried all off the images released on pine64 site. No dice. Still bootloop. Not to mention even the clipper for the connector cable for lcd on the board is quite loose. Easily unsnap itself unlike the Lattepanda which i ordered right after backing this project which uses the same idea compared to the Raspberry Pi. I have zero problems with both Lattepanda and Raspberry pi, even managed to boot a Penetration Kali Linux on it without much help from the community through chroot.

At first when i just got the board, i did remembered booting the board with the wifi module plugged in wrongly. 2nd boot,.i had it right but with bootloops with multiple images tried on the 64gb microsd card. On the 6th boot, after trying without the wifi module and switching hdmi to lcd and hdmi back to lcd, i started to get all those dead pixels on the touchscreen. From there, i gaved up totally.
(09-06-2016, 01:35 PM)cyphergenetics Wrote: Tried both ways, with without wifi module. Mine is the PINE A64+ 2GB. Even tried all off the images released on pine64 site. No dice. Still bootloop. 

If you plug a serial ttl bridge cable into the uart0 on the EXP header pins [ 7 Tx,  8 Rx,  9 Grnd ] you can watch the boot-up and see where in the sequence it is looping;  I suspect you have a power problem.
marcushh777    Cool