What OS and emulators are you using for your emulation station?
So I spent the weekend hanging out with my cousin who brought his retropie along on our family vacation. I have been meaning to load one of my pine slated memory cards up as an emulation station, but after playing on his raspberry pi I have the bug and the need to get this going. What are you using for your OS and what programs are you using for emulation?
I tried Retroarch at first, but it only plays well with my wired xbox controller. I then moved on to a SNES emulator (SNESRetro16 i think its called), and it didn't play well with my controller adapters either. Retroarch had somewhat nicer shaders, definitely more options, but they were rather buggy in my case. SnesRetro16 had only a few shaders that were decent enough, but they worked pretty decently.

EDIT: to clarify what I mean by didn't play well with my adapters; I have two adapters, PS2 to USB, and SNES to USB. Neither would function correctly in Retroarch. I could get them to work in menus, or the game, not both. SnesRetro16 did not like two controllers plugged into the same adapter at the same time. Playing two player games was rather troublesome, as the controls tended to wig out a bit if both players were inputting commands at the same time. So if you don't plan on trying any of the things I was doing, you obviously won't run into the same issues I had.
PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM, 8GB MicroSD Card, Basic Media Remote, Acrylic Open Enclosure, Wifi/Bluetooth Module, 5V 2A Power Supply.
Backer number #26,231  + KS Funded Jan 16, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 10, 2016

(08-29-2016, 09:00 AM)birdcatx7 Wrote: I tried Retroarch at first, but it only plays well with my wired xbox controller. I then moved on to a SNES emulator (SNESRetro16 i think its called), and it didn't play well with my controller adapters either. Retroarch had somewhat nicer shaders, definitely more options, but they were rather buggy in my case. SnesRetro16 had only a few shaders that were decent enough, but they worked pretty decently.

EDIT: to clarify what I mean by didn't play well with my adapters; I have two adapters, PS2 to USB, and SNES to USB. Neither would function correctly in Retroarch. I could get them to work in menus, or the game, not both. SnesRetro16 did not like two controllers plugged into the same adapter at the same time. Playing two player games was rather troublesome, as the controls tended to wig out a bit if both players were inputting commands at the same time. So if you don't plan on trying any of the things I was doing, you obviously won't run into the same issues I had.

Hello everyone, I'm using pine a64 and installing retroarch, everything smooth but when i connect xbox 360 controller its keep blinking even i installed the driver using this command sudo apt-get instal

Any help?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GBA Emulation Working on 512MB Board, Ubuntu MonarchOfLight 0 3,177 02-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: MonarchOfLight
  Emulation in Linux remainder 16 23,634 10-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: remainder
  Pine A64 - Android Game station project octopus 22 37,612 07-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Last Post: octopus
Big Grin My pine is ready to ship! What's the status on emulation? pqueiro 0 3,085 05-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pqueiro