Standard Mounting Standoffs from the Hardware Store
Wink 
(08-28-2016, 12:05 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: In the pic above we're looking at a standard machine bolt 3Mx30.

A simple and effective solution... Just one word of caution though! The bolts are conductive, and the through-hole plating on the PCB is connected to GND, so effectively all four bolts are electrically connected. If you have a workbench like mine... that is a sure-fire way to blow something up... as one leg will inevitably touch one thing, and the other something else...  and there will be a bang and a smokin' hot pine64!  Dodgy

Hence why I prefer plastic standoffs, and sometimes even plastic screws... especially in the case of the Arduino boards, where they didn't think to ensure there was enough clearance for the screw heads for two of the holes... meaning the screw head was 'machined' with a pair of sidecutters!  Big Grin  In the pine64's case, I printed out this back-plate, which protects all of the underside of the pine64 from touching any nasty metal or conductive stuff. Might also explain why I like prints like this one, and this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Standard Mounting Standoffs from the Hardware Store - by pfeerick - 08-28-2016, 02:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo C4 Labs Pine 64 Cases (Standard & LCD) Bluphire 95 162,215 11-02-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Enclosure for flush-mounting the 7" touchscreen Learnincurve 9 12,768 02-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Enclosures in Store lennychuck 4 5,814 06-27-2016, 08:43 AM
Last Post: lennychuck